“Just what I needed”

Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Went to three hotels before I found a vacancy at Sleep Inn well after 11 pm. Mid July in Savannah is sometimes a tough ticket. When we got to the room our toilet wouldn't flush. That's when Tracy came to our rescue. She came to our room, fixed the problem, and the rest of the stay was excellent. The nice, hot, breakfast in the morning was just icing on the cake. Prime location as well, gas station, restaurants, and Dunkin Doughnuts all in walking distance to the hotel. RA

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Reuben A
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Reuben A,
I'm Pleased to hear you enjoyed your current stay here with us. We were blessed with the wonderful location and Tracy, just one of our great employees. Each and every one of our staff members will go that extra mile to make sure your stay here with us is superb. Everyone here works hard to make sure that from the moment you walk in the doors you are taken care of whether it be just a simple need of extra towels or by chance needing out maintenance staff fix the drain, we will make sure you feel like this is your home away from home. We all hope to see your smiling faces again, in the mean time travel safe.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been re-locating to the Savannah, GA area and stayed all of June and July, 2013, while looking for a permanent residence. The staff has been very friendly and accomodating and the breakfast is waiting for me at or before 6:00AM each day. Easy access to Interstate, food and local shopping. Would recommend for short and long term stays! Clean and Quiet! GAM.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank George M
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear George M,
I'm pleased to hear you choose our hotel for your needs while trying to find a place here in the Savannah area. Our location to nearby restaurants, shopping and the interstate is just one of the great items we are able to offer our wonderful guests. We hope that you were able to enjoy the freshly baked cookies every evening as well as the 24 hour coffee bar. I'm glad to hear that each and every employee you encountered was courteous and friendly to you throughout your stay. We all hope you spread the word on us and hope to see you or some family. In the meantime we hope everything turns out and travel safe.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at this Sleep Inn while visiting Savannah, GA. It was about 15 minutes away from River Street and the downtown historic district. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean. Also, the prices were very competitive! MG

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank montyg6366
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Dear montyg6366,
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us while visiting the historic downtown Savannah. Our staff will make sure everything is perfect for you when you return from your long day in downtown. You can spend the day just minutes out then come back and enjoy a nice clean room with bedside candy awaiting your return. Then later at night maybe enjoy our cookies with a nice hot cup of coffee. We hope next time you are in the area, whether it be a week long or just a stay over, we will make sure your stay is comfortable and relaxing. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We had our dog with us so this hotel was convenient and had interior corridors and a good price. However one night is about all I could tolerate . Rooms need to be updated, bed spreads need to be pitched, and the fridge in our room was not clean and not working properly. The breakfast was good with hot eggs, sausage, waffles, and a variety of breads. The staff was helpful and friendly. Held my sons medication in their main fridge /freezer since the one we had wasn't cold enough. Bottom line, safe overnight stay if you have a pet- otherwise chose elsewhere .

• Stayed: July 2013
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comments regarding our breakfast and our friendly staff service.

However, we are sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bedding and room. We wish to assure you that we are working to address those issues. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. The man at the front desk was very professional and nice. He gave us a room upstairs. They turn the air off in the rooms when not in use, so it was like an oven when we opened the door. It also smelled like dog. The bathroom light was out, the hand towel in the bathroom had toothpast and make-up on it. There was a gap in the air-condition unit to the outside. In South Carolina you can imagine what crawls in at night. I called the Choice Hotel reservation line to find out our options. They told me that we had to give them a chance to "make it right". I was willing to lose the money to go somewhere else, but there was a long line in the lobby and we were afraid that we wouldn't get a room somewhere else as it was already 7:00 pm. We were all exhausted. The front desk worker was sympathetic and embarrassed. He gave us another room. Again this one was super hot, smelled, was dirty and the toilet didn't work. My husband was fixing the toilet when the front desk worker called to see if this room was okay. I told him about the toilet and he was appaulled. He offered yet another room, but we refused. We were dead tired. My husband got the toilet running. I don't think there was a room in that hotel that was acceptable. The room was just plain dirty. I didn't want to take a shower because it hadn't been cleaned. None of us slept well. We were checked out by a girl with a sour personality. She looked unkept and unprofessional. She mumbled for me to sign the invoice, never once smiled or asked about our stay. The original clerk did give us a discount for our troubles. We skipped the continental breakfast because I could only imagine the conditions of the prep area. We had a wonderful vacation up until checking in here. There is a Comfort Inn down the street that I wish we had known about when we booked this reservation.

Room Tip: Go down the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amanda s
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

I would like to apologize wholeheartedly for the negative experience you had at our hotel recently. I am very disappointed that you did not see us at our best, Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your comments you provided to make any needed improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was an added bonus. The only down side was trying to get out of the parking lot and head towards Savannah. Overall, I loved this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Sandra C
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your positive comments. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback and appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you here on your next visit to the Savannah area.

Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We'd booked in by advance to the Super 8 next door - disaster there through obnoxious receptionist. While the Sleep Inn did not have the microwave we wanted, it was much better than the Super8 - far beyond the $10 extra. The evening receptionist was not particularly helpful but at least not rude. The day time staff were great. Very good breakfast. Was alsoable to stay another night for the coupon rate.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank FrankG1955

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you again in your travels to the Savannah area.