“Great find!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Grand Haven
“Great find!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Newly renovated, great value, beautiful room! The room was handicapped accessible, but there were a few things - it was small- had a king bed but would be better suited to a queen or double, hair dryer was high on the wall, things like that. But...it was beautifully decorated, very comfortable, breakfast was very nice, desk staff very nice-pleasant and helpful BEST room of a 3 week trip. We could not believe we had such a wonderful experience for a VERY good price!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had to make time for my fellow weary travelers just looking for a clean room to lay your head down. Well this motel won't do! No elevator, FILTHY room with dirty shower, walls, lamps, headboard, and old Nasty icing on the shams! Well at least I hope it was icing YUCK! We immediately checked for bed bugs in the mattress crevices because of the general run down look of our room. Prehistoric comforter and old loud ac unit. We refused breakfast because God only knows how nasty the kitchen was. The area is shady with a criminal element, trust me, I don't care if the room is FREE, run! Oh btw, Both my husband and I were itching all night. We were not aware that this dirty motel was also pet friendly! What a terrible combination!The last dog in the room must have had fleas! *tears*

3 Thank Danielle M

Travellers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Hamilton Ont.canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here on a trip home from Florida. The hotel was a standard sleep inn. the room was ok for the night with a standard sleep inn breakfast. Nothing special but ok would stay here again if in the area.

Manchester, Maine
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The room was very small and felt cramped, but it was clean. Really wasn't much space to set down our belongings. Bathroom was tiny, barely enough room for the toilet and shower (no tub). Sink was outside of bathroom. It was convenient to the interstate, and there was a restaurant next door, but we didn't eat out that night.

Breakfast was hot, though basic: Boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, egg and sausage patties.

So I don't really recommend it, but I don't un-recommend it either. I would stay here if we needed to and couldn't find a better place for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were very pleased with all areas of this hotel except the bathroom in room 126. Please check it first before unpacking. It is badly in need of a new shower, sliding door and toilet seat.

It is ashame because all other areas were very nice. We were warmly welcomed, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was just what I needed.

I would stay there again after being assured I wasnt in room 126.

• Stayed March 2014
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, we will be using your feed back to address the concerns you had during your stay. We look forward to being of service to you again the next time you are in our area.
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel had a good rating, it was newly redone ---- however, the room was small. So much that it was hard to regulate the temperature - too warm, then too cold. Bad night of sleep, even in a niclely redone room. The breakfast was hit and miss with the choices - but yes, there was waffles.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with our accommodations, and hope you will accept my apologies for any discomfort you experienced here. If there is something more we can to do earn your business, please let us know so we can discuss this further. We welcome any opportunity you will allow for us to serve you here.
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way north from Florida. Lobby was clean and neat but that's the only positive. We had room 136. The minute we stepped In the room we were struck with a very strong musty smell. The bed clothes were rumpled and ill fitting. There were stains on the wall and carpet. The bathroom was grimy and gross. We were kept awake most of the night by very loud music. From our bathroom door to our neighbors entry door there was lots of squeaking and creaking. All the doors in this hotel are in serious need of wd40! We also were awoken by train noise and noise from upstairs. This is a very noisy and dirty hotel. Two thumbs down.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy M
I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my sincere apologies. Your experience is certainly not up to our usual standards, and I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation so that these things don't recur, and the necessary repairs to your room are made. We value all guest feedback. I hope you will give us a chance to make amends and regain your trust the next time you are in the Savannah area.