“A Nice Hotel with a Good Price”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stopped for the night at this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was clean overall, and the service was good. The one drawback was that the room we were given had a damp odor to it. It was late and the odor was not severe enough to encourage me to go down to the desk and ask for another room and then move our things. We slept fine in the room, and the odor was less when we ran the air conditioning. The breakfast was good and kept well stocked. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. I apologize that you experienced an issue with a damp odor in your room. I have addressed the matter with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to have the issue in the room corrected. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights just recently. Unfortunately, I booked a smoking room in error (using the phone app for the first time and obviously was a tad bit careless) and did not realize my mistake until the day before our arrival. Fortunately, we arrived very early and were assured by the front desk that we could be accommodated in a non-smoking room. However, as the rooms would not be ready for a few hours, we wandered out to Savannah and did not return until after dinner. Upon our return, we were informed by the night shift that the hotel was booked solid, the day shift had made no notes indicating our request and we would be spending the night in a smoking room. Mike was awesome though and indicated he would move us into a non-smoking room tomorrow.
When I went down next morning to make sure that the transfer would happen, I ran into Mike again (does the guy go home?) and he advised that there was a room for us but it just needed to be cleaned. Sure enough, we ended up moving into a non-smoking room later that day.
I found the rooms and property to be in good condition. The breakfast was the usual HIE spread but as there was very limited seating in the breakfast room, we ended up taking our breakfast back to our room.
I would give Mike 5 stars. I would have given the hotel 5 stars if not for the fact that the day shift steered me wrong. If they had just told me that the hotel was sold out and there was no option other than a smoking room, I would have accepted that. However, to be told that they would accommodate us and then not have them come through was annoying. Hence, I took away a star for inconsistent customer service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Savannah. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you in a non-smoking your first evening and that there was some miscommunication the next day in regards to being moved to a non-smoking room. Mike, who is our Front Office Manager, has addressed the issue with our front desk staff so that we can eliminate this type of situation in the future. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was returning from Naples Florida to North Carolina and decided to stay just out side of Savannah on the way back. I always try to use Holiday Inn Express, as I have always had a great experience. This particular hotel is independently owned, and the service and courteousness was evident, they all took pride in their establishment. It was clean, modern, offered everything I was looking for, and at a very reasonable price. (use the coupon you can get at the Welcome center). As I arrived there were freshly made cookies and lemonade to enjoy. My room had everything I needed, even a microwave. Beware there are no close by restaurants of any interest unless you get back on I-95, after driving 500 miles,, I was not up for that. So I just had a pizza from a local place, Which was fine.. The towels and linens were of fine quality. The really bad news is that the comfort of the mattress was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. I had to line up the 4 king size pillows (which were very high quality) and sleep on top of them.. Bottom line, is that I was exhausted and did not sleep very well. Isn't that why we stay? I have learned my lesson to check the room before I settle in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting or traveling through Savannah. I apologize that our mattress did not provide you with comfortable sleep needed after driving so far. I have addressed the issue with our Executive Housekeeper and engineer so that they can check the mattress condition to ensure that we improve and provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly but the bed was aweful. The towel rack fell off the wall and the door was very hard to open to get out of the room. The coffe and breakfast were good in the morning. I guess for the price it was good.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear mlotk73,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly.

On the other hand, I am disappointed to read that your stay with us was not what you expected. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room condition particularly with the bed and we are truly regret that this has negatively affected your impression of our hotel.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is one in a row of similar ones, just off a busy hiway servicing fatigued travellers. Decor and rooms a bit dated and used but all functional. Not a place to stay more than a night. Free coffee and breakfast much appreciated

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear moncoer,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here recently for a couple of nights. First off is I can see the potential that this hotel will be nice after the remodel. I am not picky but I did notice a lot of the things that people typically complain about on reviews during this trip. Rooms and bed were comfortable, plenty of plugs, nice restaurant downstairs for breakfast. I would stay here again, may be a four after the remodel is done.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear NEFANMAN,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret if the renovations that were being performed prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are glad to see you would stay with us again and we thank you for your positive comments on the room. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon. If there's anything we can do to make your next stay more successful, please do not hesitate to speak with a member of staff.

Adrian D

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stopped for one night on return from Florida trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Handicapped accessible room was large enough to easily move around. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was outside and not open. The bathroom was set up very well. The breakfast was adequate with plenty of selection including the cinnamon rolls.

Room Tip: Consider getting a room on the inside away from the road. There is constant heavy traffic.