“Fantastic and friendly place a pleasure to stay there”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having just spent nine days in this hotel I can only say positive things about it. All of the staff are friendly and really, nothing is too much trouble. Great room, great breakfast, great pillows, and clean.

We used it as a base and hired a car, it will be our hotel of choice if we visit Savannah and Port Wentworth in the future. Thank you to everyone at the hotel for a perfect time. Don't have any doubts about staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways, and that overall you enjoyed your stay. It is good news to hear that you took notice of so many of the efforts we are putting forth to make this a great hotel which guests truly love. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again if you are traveling to or through the Savannah area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The front desk staff are very helpful, friendly, and Professional. Specifically Mike stands out, but I've can only recall positive experiences with any of the Hotel staff.

The room was comfortable and quiet.

There are several restaurants within walking distance on the same side of Highway 21. Wendys, Sweet Tea Grille, Zaxby's, and others. There is a supermarket and a CVS pharmacy in the shopping center just north of the hotel. They are also within walking distance.

This Hotel is one exit North of Georgia Tech, Savannah and convenient to manufacturing facilities in Rincon and Port Wentworth.

When leaving the hotel to go toward Interstate 95, I recommend turning North (right) coming out of the hotel and turning right before you get to the bank, then turn left behind the bank then take another left onto Black Creek Drive. This will let you get the light on Highway 21. Sometimes traffic can be heavy on this road and taking a left right out of the hotel is not easy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chiliburger340
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and the compliments of our staff, facility and location. Mike is a great part of our team. I will make sure he sees your great comments. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spend about 200 nights a year in Holiday Inn properties. This week I'm spending my vacation at this location. The front desk staff and breakfast staff are fantastic. I'm in a beautiful suite that is much nicer than I expected for the money. As much as I love Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, this is one of the very best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your loyalty to IHG and staying at our locations approximately 200 nights a year. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and the compliments of our staff and facility. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was wonderful. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast, and good location with restaurants close by. Had a great experience here and would stay again when in the area. Rooms were clean, close to historic Savannah, and they had coffee, lemonade, and cookies in the lobby every evening when we returned. Pool area is very nice and pool was very clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide a good experience for you. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I am amazed at the review creep that has occurred. One would expect a clean decent place as a baseline. The breakfast was not that good...OJ..UNDRINKABLE. The room was clean but had an antiseptic odor...and needed some updating and repair....Staff at frontdesk were very friendly and did a reasonable job...the price was $20-30 over what it was worth.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. I apologize that you experienced an issue with the OJ at breakfast. I have addressed the matter of odor and repair with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to have the issue in the room corrected. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We held our military reunion ( 50 plus persons) here, and for the most part found it to be an ideal spot. The facility is a ten minute drive from historic Savannah, without the high prices and parking fees of the hotels in the historic district. The trolley tour picked us up at the hotel and brought us back. The hotel is clean and well maintained and has a very nice outside pool and good exercise facilities.
The only problem was that our hospitality room (An important feature for large groups) was preempted for most of Sunday by a church group even though the contract indicated we had the room for four days in a row.. Although we got a substitute room for the day, the double booking was annoying.
An unsmiling manager apologized, and a friendly and highly competent staff did everything they could to save the day. It worked for us. The catered banquet went very well, and in summary we would recommend this hotel to military groups and family events. ..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stopped for the night at this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was clean overall, and the service was good. The one drawback was that the room we were given had a damp odor to it. It was late and the odor was not severe enough to encourage me to go down to the desk and ask for another room and then move our things. We slept fine in the room, and the odor was less when we ran the air conditioning. The breakfast was good and kept well stocked. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We strive to provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring you back when visiting Savannah. I apologize that you experienced an issue with a damp odor in your room. I have addressed the matter with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to have the issue in the room corrected. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.