“An Overnight Gettaway”

The York House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Rabun Gap B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensly. Stan was a very gracious host and the property is so beautiful. We enjoyed the wine and cheese Happy Hour and visiting with Stan. He also assisted us with a selection for dinner......of course, we both ate too much, but enjoyed every
bite!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stan and Christine were excellent hosts. The location was excellent and the house was classic. There's plenty of things to do around the town and plenty of good places to eat as well. The breakfast was great! There have been some to claim this house is haunted but we experienced no issues with that.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

York House Inn was the perfect choice for our early spring stay in the North Georgia Mountains! Stan and Christine were amazing. The "Happier" Hour lasted well into 7pm in the "Man Cave". My friend and I agreed it was much more like close friends or family hanging out, talking, sharing funny stories and experiences. The room was warm and toasty with lots of cover on the bed; the room was beautiful. Huge porches with rocking chairs, fun trail in the back of the inn, the breakfast was amazing! Close enough to other northeast georgia areas to make this worth the little bit of extra drive to stay. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
YorkHouseInn, Owner at The York House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for the kind review!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stan

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I chose the York House Inn for a Valentiines weekend getaway. We were so glad we did. The Inn is charming and clean, clean, clean. The breakfast was stupendous and abundant. The innkeeper was welcoming and pleasant. There were all kinds of unexpected little extras that made us feel at home - like shortbread cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us when we arrived.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
YorkHouseInn, Owner at The York House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the kind review!
We hope to see you again when it is warmer.

Regards
The Pentons

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We found The York House Inn online and were intrigued that it was the oldest B&B in GA. The new owners, Stan & Christine, were so inviting and just the perfect hosts! We enjoyed their "Happier Hour" located in the amazing downstairs "Man Cave", where we enjoyed wine, snacks and getting to know the owners and other guests! The eggs benedict breakfast was wonderful. Our room was nicely decorated and spacious for a B&B. Another nice touch, cookies and port wine available in the hallway. We truly enjoyed our visit and will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I had learned about the York House Inn while doin some research and I was very excited to stay at the inn. I made my reservations which was easy and picked my room. This Inn has tons of character and charm to take inn. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. If you enjoy historic inn this is the place to go

• Stayed: January 2014
YorkHouseInn, Owner at The York House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thanks for the nice review...
We were so pleased to meet a real frequent Inn traveller!
Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at the York House Inn. The owners were so welcoming and helped us figure out how we wanted to spend our time in the area. The room we stayed in was clean and pretty, complete with local wildflower body lotions and soaps. I loved sitting in the rocking chair outside my room (and every other room) and looking out into the mountains. Such a beautiful landscape. I can't recommend this place highly enough! I had a great time going with my friends, but it would also be perfect for a romantic weekend, a family reunion, or any time you are looking for a cute, historical getaway. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Every room has its own history and its own unique style. Look on the York House Inn's website to...