“Heavenly place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Pablo
Montreal, Canada
“Heavenly place”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I spent one week on a personal detox program well led by Jill. She knew exactly what I needed and I felt really good and still do. She gave me amazing body treatments and counseling on my health. I feel like I have healed body and soul on this journey to Amatierra. Great hospitality and beautiful surroundings. The whole staff was very welcoming. Specially my friend Bob with whom I had a good connection. The everyday yoga and meditation classes were perfect for me. I have only positive things to say about this place and I would recommend it strongly. Thank you all for your love. Veronique

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was the perfect place for me to get away for a week of relaxation and rejuvenation. I needed a break from work and wanted to find a place that was safe for a woman traveling alone. I couldn't have been more pleased. As I walked out of the airport, I found Juan right outside with my name on a sign. We had a pleasant drive to Amatierra and even stopped for some star gazing where there were no city lights. So amazing. Someone greeted us even though it was late at night and took my luggage to my own little cabin. Be prepared for some bugs in your room. I highly recommend the week yoga and wellness package - the food was fantastic, the tours and trip to the beach are wonderful and the people you meet will make it a great experience. I highly recommend their on-site treatments as well. Bob and Jill are great hosts and will do anything to make your stay a good one. I cannot say enough about this place. It is well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I am a yoga teacher and have conducted yoga retreats around the world in beautiful places for 20 years. Amatierra ia special among all of these as a place of healing and beauty. I have never seen my students so happy or felt myself so supported in my vision of healing.
The Wellness spa is phenomenal and the food is out of this world.
The beauty of the land is surpassed only by its healing energy.
Amatierra is a jewel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank nevafusion
Portimao
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We really loved our retreat at Ama Tierra! Jill and Bob and their lovely staff make you feel at home rightaway. Delicious meals and very, very good treatments!
And a beautiful environment.
Arthur and Marleen, Portugal

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LenaPortimao
Los
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was so happy there. Was the end of my trip to Costa Rica. It was like living with the family I never had. So friendly and warm and wonderful health experiences. It was a wonderful experience for me. Oh ! but dont let me forget the food ! Awesome !! all natural and healthy
Lauren
Los Angeles, CA

Room Tip: All the same layout I think. Mine was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Lauren F
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Last week's stay at Amatierra proves that something's just get better with time. This was my second trip in 2013 with a small group of solo travellers and I am thrilled to say that we all loved our experience. It is hard to imagine but the cuisine just keeps getting better, lots of variety, unique combinations and so tasty. Yoga and meditation in an inspiring setting guided by true professionals along with a wellness treatment makes this an awesome getaway to recharge your body, spirit and soul. Thank you Jill for the turmeric shakes, my back feels great. Bob and Carlos your attention to detail and hospitality makes Amatierra feel like a home away from home.

Room Tip: If you do not mind the steps and distance from the pool , the casitas lower down are not affected by...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am a single male and I live in NYC and I was so burned out on work that I knew I wanted to take some time off and just get away to sleep and read and try my best to not be on the internet! That was the break I wanted. The other v. impt part of a de-stress week for me was to not have to worry about transport, meals, etc. I decided to not go home to family on Thanksgiving week and take that time to just be alone. I wasn't looking for "Costa Rica" per se but just a quiet place to be quiet myself. I found Ama Tierra's 5 night package on the internet and that seemed great. Well it was great. It hit the marks on everything I was looking for: sleep, quiet, nice weather, and a sense of health. I got to Costa Rica and landed in the pleasant San Jose airport. Ama Tierra had the excellent Juan pick me up and I was driven the one hour to the resort. I met Bob my phone buddy in person and he was great. We got along right away. I met Jill and she is wonderful too. She asked me what treatments I may be interested in and I told her that i didn't want to think about it and she totally got it. I had a lovey room away from the main house and road. I read three books and three New Yorker magazines. I did yoga and meditation with Jill in the stunning yoga pavilion which was really great. I had a lovely massage and three healthy square meals a day. There was water and wonderful Costa Rican coffee aplenty in my room. I went to bed early and did not have wi-fi in the room (it is available in the common areas at certain times - PERFECT for this internet junkie!) and I went to bed early and woke up with the birds! (I wish they could sell THAT at the front desk!) The weather was perfect and the pool was as well. I just cannot say a bad word about my week. (Okay I didn't lose 20 lbs and meet the love of my life but is that really Ama Tierra's fault?!) The stay was exactly what I wanted and perfect. The icing on the cake was that it was Thanksgiving week. Jill and Bob had friends and family over and they invited me to be part of their Thanksgiving table. Amazingly kind. There 12 Americans and Costa Ricans in Spanish and English shared a meal and gratitude. Sublime. Well today I am grateful for the warm hospitality I received from Bob and Jill and their terrific staff. Muchos Gracias for the perfect detox getaway and much needed rest in a beautiful and gracious part of the world. Patrick

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
#2 of 14 in Escazu
Hotel Cerro Lodge
Hotel Cerro Lodge
#1 of 1 in Garabito

Been to Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center? Share your experiences!