“Great location for I-95 travelers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill

Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great location for I-95 travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a nice place, great for travelers as it is right off the interstate, near restaurants and gas stations - so easy to find.
The room was comfortable, quiet and very clean - all I needed for this overnight trip. The staff was very friendly, especially Angel who oversaw the breakfast area in the morning. She was awesome - her smile could light up the room for sure.
The one thing I didn't like was the glass elevator - for some reason, it just gave me the creeps. Despite the elevator, I would stay here again when traveling to this area.
I was traveling alone and felt very safe and secure in the parking lot and in the entire hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear LifesATrip4Me,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Holiday Inn Express. Glad that Angel took good care of you! Just to assure you that our elevator is pretty safe and gets its regular inspections.. Thanks again for taking the time to write this wonderful review!

Hope to see you again soon!

Take care..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Marietta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Holiday Inn Express was very comfortable and clean. My reservation was on file. The staff when checking in and out were friendly and professional. I would definitely stay there again and will most likely have to because of a sick relative in the area to check on. The bed was very comfortable and loved the large pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Walt L,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us here in Richmond Hill. We are glad everything was to your satisfaction. Also glad you found our beds to be relaxing and comfortable. Hope to see you again soon..

Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

After reading so many totally positive reviews about this property we were looking forward to our one-night stay on the way to Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, it was just ok. First...the staff working the front desk were "businesslike"...did the job, but a smile would be nice. We were also not acknowledged as IHG Reward members, which is not the norm for this brand. The room was basically fine... although not quite as spotless as some found, it was not suspect enough to warrant complaining. A little more attention to the bathroom and the window sill wold be nice. Breakfast was good, typical for HIE. The worst issue was sleep quality. We had "neighbors" who not only talked loud and blasted the tv until quite late...they started in at 4 in the morning, waking us with no possibility of falling back asleep. While we know that any hotel cannot be responsible for all guests on property it still leaves a negative for our most important reason for staying...a good nights sleep while traveling. .Just not sure if we would return to this location if in the area.

Green Features: Well...if they exist we were not aware of them.....this is important to us, and should be highlighted somehow.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Art S
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Art S,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us. We are so sorry that your stay wasn't satisfactory. We do understand that key to any Hotel success is comfort and Service.. We do apologize for the mishap and hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area.. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your concerns...

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were tired and road-weary and especially grateful to Rishva for going out of her way to accommodate us. Her customer service was exceptional. Facility was clean and lovely. Breakfast was tasty. Location is very convenient for interstate travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear TrickyHobby,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us. I am glad that the Hotel provided you with a good restful night! We are also glad Rishva took good care of you.. Our Great and tasteful Breakfast is one of the amenities our Hotel offers to our valuable guests!

Hope to see you again soon..

Powhatan, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I reviewed this hotel last April, and I just stayed there again 2 nights ago. I still just LOVE this place. We stopped here on our drive from Ft Lauderdale, FL to Virginia (it's about half way between). We arrived at about 8:00 pm and walked in to book a room. The front desk clerk was very helpful. Just as I had remembered, our room was gorgeous. There were two double beds with tons of big fluffy pillows... SO comfortable!!!! There was also a sitting area with a couch and desk and a small refrigerator. We did not pay extra for anything fancy.. we took the cheapest room we could get for the 4 of us, and all of this came with it. Even better, the FREE continental breakfast in the morning... biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal... you name it! If you're looking for a nice place to stay in between locations or on a business trip, this hotel will not disappoint!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lora H
mike031, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Lora H,

Thanks a lot for your recent stay with us and many thanks for coming back to us a year later! We are so glad you enjoyed our well appointed room.. Also happy you enjoyed our morning and complimentary Breakfast Bar!

We hope to see you again and for the 3rd time and you will definitely not be disappointed!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from Florida, we spent one night. The hotel is new and the room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was great, many food choices. It was to cold to use the pool and the whirlpool looked very small ( it's not heated and we couldn't t find any way to turn the jets on).

The only con really is the location. There is nothing close by, some chain restaurants, and a truck stop.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Stephyne W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
We appreciate your feedback. We are gald to see that you enjoyed your stay. To see you leave with a smile is what we work hard for!! We hope to see you soon!!
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am giving this property 5 stars as it compares to similar category hotels. That being said, if you find yourself on I-95 in the Savannah area, you will not go wrong here. Clean, quiet, and well kept, I found this property much better than the other HIE up the road.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We appreciate your positive feedback about our facility. Our staff works together to ensure your your stay will be outstanding. Our facility is right off I-95 which makes our location special and easy to find. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in what they do, which makes your stay ever so great. We look forward to you staying with us again. Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Hill
Days Inn Richmond Hill/savannah
Days Inn Richmond Hill/savannah
#8 of 11 in Richmond Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah S I-95 Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!