“Best Breakfast and great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Ringgold was hit by the April tornadoes so I had fewer options while on my road trip. Pulled in early evening and the was wonderfully surprised by how great this hotel was. The A/C worked great (quiet but high capacity, it was 107F outside), the lobby was well cared for and the morning breakfast was the best I have ever had. I put a STAR by this hotel and would definately come back! It was very quiet also which I greatly appreciated.
The only suggestion I have is to include a printer with the lobby computer for guest use.

Room Tip: An online reservation might save you a bit but the walk in rate was still good
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sewonforever

Reviewed 11 January 2011

HI Exp in Ringgold is the perfect place for an overnight stay. You are welcomed with Otis Spunkenmeyer cookies, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is wonderful. You get on your way satisfied with your stay. Ringgold is just south of Chattanooga, so there is much to see around there.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Stayed here in mid Oct 2010 on the way home from a business trip. I booked the room using the priority club mobile device website about 15 minutes before I got to the hotel. It had the best rate in the area. THe hotel looks very nice outside, and Beverley at the front desk was also very nice. She gave me a goodie bag, and offered up fresh baked cookies too, a very nice touch. Got in my room, 102 and was surprised at its spartan state. Granted, I had just come from the nicest HIE I had ever visited (North of Mobile in Saraland AL), but I think its safe to say that these rooms are ready for a remodel. The room did have a small microwave and fridge, but the TV was a 25" tube, and other than the bed, office chair, desk, and an arm chair and ottoman, nightstands, and wardrobe for the TV, there was little else. It was clean. Bath was also dated, but it too looked well cleaned. Nothing really stands out as bad. I would stay here again if I was road weary and needed to sleep, but I think I could find a newer hotel at the same price in Chattanooga. The pool is only open Menorial Day to Labor day (odd in the south).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I was visiting a business in the area and decided to stay at this Express instead of Chattanooga and was i surprised that a small town like Ringgold had a hotel that lived up to its name and size.Free high speed internet that was 'high speed' literally had me through with my work earlier than expected.Enjoyed a quick workout only to be gently coaxed by the manager on duty to try the pool which was nice and clean and relaxing to say the least.The staff at this location is great and the experience was smooth.

I am glad that I stayed at this HolidayInn Express last night.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We were travelling to Orlando for our spring break and decided to stop at this hotel for the night and ended up staying on our way back too. I always check the cleanliness of my room by rubbing my foot on the carpet and the bathroom floor.this hotel passed my cleanliness tests with flying colors.Clean beds and rooms that smelled fresh and not sprayed down with freshners,were a delight after the long drive.The staff at the desk was very hospitable and warm at this charming hotel.The pool was surprisingly and comfortably warm and a crisp clear blue.The host at the breakfast bar was courteous and kept the bar well stocked.Overall a great stay and hats off to Holiday Inn for being there.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Would never stay there again! Check in on Wednesday around 7 PM and was quoted a rate of $75.00 for the night. When we checked out the next morning we were billed $95.00. Management said the room was 95 not 75 and that no Holiday Inn Express room was ever under 95 a night. We just stayed at Pigeon Forge Tn at a Holiday Inn Express in March for 86 per night on the weekend not a week day and that room had a hot tub in it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tld8655
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Our room was infested with bed bugs. The room was 'comped' for the night, but even though we were moved to a bug-free room we couldn't get back tp sleep until after 3AM. The following morning I was berated (at least it sounded that way) by a manager whose English was unintelligible. He called me on my cell phone about one hour after leaving the property as I had left my card at the desk.

I complained to ICH and just this week of 1/10 received a response stating that the manager claimed that there were no bugs evident, even though the night manager had witnessed their presence and the fact that I had been bitten, but he enclosed a bill submitted to the property for $300 to fumigate the room. The pest control company indicated that the infestation was 'lady bugs' which was another lie.

It was hard not to notice that the bill was signed by an individual whose surname suggested that he was of the same nationality as the manager.

Dishonesty and extreme 'top of the voice' rudeness are apparent traits of the manager.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuigiBasco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringgold
Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe
Home Town Inn
Home Town Inn
#5 of 6 in Ringgold
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold? Share your experiences!