“Comfy beds, possessed phone!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ringgold
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We checked in just before 11 pm. Tracey checked us in and he was very efficient. Our room was clean and we really loved the pillows. The only downside was that our in room phones speaker malfunctioned and wouldn't stop ringing at 1:30 am. We just unplugged the phone and went back to sleep. Breakfast was biscuits, gravy, breads, cinnamon rolls, make your own pancakes, juice, and hot coffee. We ate and we were on our way!

Stayed: May 2014
express11, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Epcotitis,
We appreciate your kind words and hope that you will stay with us again whenever you pass through the area. We promise an unpossessed phone and apologise for the inconvenience as we go through a complete renovation.
Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We booked in to this hotel on our drive from Florida to home in Ontario.

I have a Priority Club card, and a simple room still cost me 150.29USD which, in my opinion, should have been applicable to a room at the Trump Towers, not a Holiday inn. Very expensive.,

No doubt, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Problems: There was no way on earth that I could get the bathroom (washroom) fan to operate. Could - not - be - done.

The t.v.simply would not allow viewing of regular programs. It was happy to let us view paid programs, but not simple ordinary stuff.

There was no breakfast available when we left, so another black mark.

All in all, I'd say "Stay at the Country Inn" Better value for money.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Don H,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the room condition did not live up to your standards and deeply regret that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. we hope that you give a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I drive overnight & usually need a room around 9 am. Most hotels will accomodate that as long as they have unsold rooms from the night before. This Hotel was sold out the night before, but gave me the 1st room that housekeeping cleaned. Super nice people, nice clean rooms, & good breakfast. I hope to be in the area again soon, and I will surely stay again..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RinggoldExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Gpitchure,
We thank you for your comments and appreciate you staying with us. Your kind words push us to work harder and look forward to more comments like yours.
Thank you.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Holiday Inn express is my choice of accomodation when available. This one is pretty typical, the desk person who checked us in, was friendly and welcoming.....nice when you come off a 10 hour drive.....very knowledgeable of the immediate surroundings for dining options....and yes....the way to activate the shower is unusual, ask at the desk......LoL......and cold water this morning....no sign of bugs.....I guess this crazy weather is having it's effect here too....overall was ok....nothing that bad to make me not stop here again.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear NormD907,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We value your opinion of how we hosted your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the positive remarks on our helpful hotel staff. Our goal is to make your stay the best it can be and it looks like we accomplished this. We look forward to making your next stay even more memorable. Thank you again for your feedback.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I checked into this hotel, which is currently being remodeled. Quickly dumped my baggage in the room and went out to grab some food.

Back in the room eating my food, I suddenly saw a ladybug land on the desk lamp. Looking up I saw a swarm of them all around the curtains and window. It was one of the most disguising things I've seen in a hotel in a long time. So glad I noticed this before I went to sleep.

I grabbed my things and checked out of the hotel. The duty manager seemed nonchalant about the situation. I emailed the general manager, and 48 hours later, still no response. Apparently, this is not something they take very seriously at that hotel.

Between the disgusting infestations, renovations, and poor customer service, it's hard to imagine a good reason for staying there. The outside of the hotel is also dingy and poorly lit, not very family friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one without bugs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ZCT808
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear ZCT808,

Pam G

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I realize they are remodeling but I sure hope pillow top beds are in their future! I agree it would be nice to have oatmeal with raisins instead of so many just carb options for breakfast. We slept there but I wish it had been more restful. We stayed in room 102 and the sink drained slow but I told them about it when we checked out. We did not take advantage of free breakfast as I eat gluten free so not many choices for me. Room cost around 102 dollars with taxes. I would probably stay here again. Next time I want to find the Farm to Fork restaurant!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The beds were not firm. They were like laying on a hospital gurney. Room had a stale smell. Bed linens were old and wrinkled and looked like they may have been in the bed a few days. Not saying they had been. They looked like it. The dust ruffle was torn. We stayed 2 previous nights at HI Expresses. One in Adrian MI and then in Bowling Green OH where the beds and their linens were excellent. Staff was nice and breakfast bar was up to par. Will not stay here again until beds are upgraded.

• Stayed: October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear cwtr2migma,

Ben J
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringgold
Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe
#5 of 6 in Ringgold
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dalton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold? Share your experiences!