“Golden nugget find”

Add it.
Ana Maria's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was passing through the area and stopped at this quaint Mexican/Greek/Italian restaurant. What a fantastic surprise to eat here. I had the Carnitas and the pork just pulled apart with the fork. Incredibly tender and juicy with a great flavoring. The rice and beans had an authentic Mexican taste and a perfect cook to them.

My travel companion got the pizza and said she enjoyed it more than the best Chicago pizza we had tasted. I didn't try it personally but she was very enthusiastic about it.

Lastly, it seems they use very fresh ingredients and make fresh quite a bit of the dishes, sides, sauces, dips, chips, etc. When I pass through again, I will stop back in!

3  Thank A2Z_California

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The food is always freshly made. There is something on the menu for a variety tastes. The service isn't always great, but the food is wonderful.

1  Thank BlueRaider75
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Their food is the best mexican and Greek food in town. One of my favorite items is the pineapple pico and the chicken chimmichanga is also to die for. The gyro and the Greek salads are awesome too and don't forget pizza for the little ones so it is truely for the whole family.

1  Thank jess061386
Reviewed 26 April 2014

For those who don't know, Ana Maria's is where the old Don Lolo's was at the depot. They also employ the same cooks that Don Lolo's had and for that we are thankful. Don Lolo's was always our favorite Mexican restaurant so we are happy that the food was not compromised by the acquisition of a new ownership. My husband always orders the chicken chimichanga and I order the shredded beef. They are always huge and stuffed with all the good stuff. We always have enough left over for late night and the next day also. The cheese dip is wonderful and the chips and salsa are good. We highly recommend this place and unlike another review, out of the years we have been going to this establishment we have never found it dirty. We thoroughly enjoy it every time and will continue to go here for our Mexican cravings.

1  Thank LisaandBruce
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Don't waste your time or money. This place was gross. Didn't look like they have cleaned it in a very long time. Only one other table even being used, that should have been my first sign. They state it is a mexican/greek/Italian place but sounds like a strange combo to have. We got up and left even before they could take our order.