“1st time glide”

Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Lookout Mountain Flight Park and Resort is the largest and most successful hang gliding school and resort in the United States. We've taught 5x more hang gliding pilots than any other school! We offer comprehensive learning packages designed to fit your budget and time constraints. Located on a 44-acre mountain retreat, we have both camping and lodging conveniently located adjacent to the landing zone. Teaching people to fly since 1978, there is no experience necessary. Come fly with us!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“1st time glide”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was my 1st time hang gliding and I don't think it will be my last. What an incredible experience! I was afraid that I was going to be too terrified to really enjoy it but my pilot, Clifton, was super awesome and knowledgeable about the sport which allowed me to relax and really take in the moment. The entire staff was very professional and friendly. I'm pretty much afraid of heights but this feels absolutely safe. Definitely worth trying out...you may only live once!

3 Thank Lauren K

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT VIEWS”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

while visiting family in tennessee we like to drive up to lookout mountain hang gliding. breathtakingly beautiful views and exhilerating to watch the hang gliders literally run off the mountainside jump pad. we like to sit on the rocks which are close to the edge..but if that scares you, there are railed viewing decks provided. on the saturday that we visited we saw non-stop action! not only will you see the hang gliders take off from pad..but you can watch the tandem flights pulled up into the sky from down in the valley. they realeased the gliders in view of lookout location and the pilots flew close to mountain top..amazing & entertaing to anyone who loves aviation. the grandkids love this place. And several of us plan a tandem ride soon. Do visit the upstairs "office/shop"...interesting place also.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Blueskies06
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“I Believe I Can Fly”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Wow - wanted to fly like a bird - dreams can come true!! Exhilarating experience - worth the extra $$ to fly twice as high (3000'). The flight crew were terrific with loads of experience. The hanglider actually can fly itself. You'll be invited to let go and see for yourself. You'll also get the opportunity to man the controls!! What fun!!

One word of caution - let the instructor know if you are prone to get dizzy/nautious from circular movement. It's fun for the instructor to do tight circular rolls but can leave you incapacitated for a while afterwards so speak up.

Highly recommend this!! My dad is in his mid-seventies and had a great time!

1 Thank Adam K
LMFP, Public Relations Manager at Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding, responded to this review, 15 February 2016
So glad you had a blast! Come back and fly with us this summer or better yet... learn how to fly solo!
cheyenne
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the best experience ever! I go just about every year to the hang gliding park and do as many tandems as i can get in! The staff is great and everyone wants to make sure you have a great experience. I have rented places to stay at the landing zone and have always had a great time. its fun to sit on your deck and watch the hang gliders being towed up or launching from the mountain. I can hardly wait to retire so I can finally get the time to learn how to launch off the mountain all by myself. Go and try it, you will be hooked.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank wyo5
Let us know when you want to take that leap and learn how to fly solo! You can do it in less time than you think!
kentucky
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Check-off from my 'To Do List'”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Friend and I went after finding a Groupon. Wonderful adventure. Very good company. My pilot was excellent and I always felt safe. Got to try to fly the hand glider myself which was awesome. Had to wait for the wind to die down before we could go up but the wait was fun with the other customers. They called for extra pilots so the wait was at a minimum. I would definitingly go again and I wished I lived closer so I could take lessons. JUST DO IT!!!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank thingtodo
We're stoked you had an awesome time! Next time you're in the area ask about our one-day lesson. We can get you flying off the small bunny hill solo in one day!