“Amazing!!!!”

Skydive Spaceland Atlanta
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Rockmart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether you’re looking for a thrill to spice up your day, an item to check off your bucket list, or a new hobby to throw yourself into, you’re in the right place! Skydive Spaceland-Atlanta is one of the world’s most progressive skydiving training centers. This third-generation family business has been offering our famous Texas hospitality to new and experienced skydivers since 2000.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Absolutely awesome!  First jump May 11 and found the staff of Skydive Spaceland Atlanta to be enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and professional. Facility and equipment were excellent. My tandem partner, Kevin P. and videographer, Rob were first rate.  Would highly recommend, planning on a second round shortly.  A RUSH.

John Tobolski

Christy W, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Spaceland Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hey Joann/John, thank you so much for the great review and for flying with us! Kevin and Rob are fantastic and we're lucky to have them. We're looking forward to your second jump! :)

All reviews
"week"
"plane"
"skydive"

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Be sure to ask for Kevin if you go tandem. Excellent experience for this first timer. Had to wait for the clouds to part, so be patient if you go.

Deloria O, Front Office Manager at Skydive Spaceland Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

We are thrilled you had an excellent time skydiving with us for your first experience! Thank you for choosing Spaceland, and we appreciate your great review! We hope to see you in the sky again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I just jumped less than 3 hours ago and I had to say that was an amazing experience! I would have done it again had I done it earlier! Everyone is so kind and my instructor Tan was so helpful in letting me know how it's done and making sure I was safe. I loved this place and recommend everybody should go at least once and jump!

Christy W, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Spaceland Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hey Mikell, thank you so much for the great review! Tan is the best! I hope you got the $99 second jump special so we get to fly with you again soon! :)

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and so professional. The grounds are very well kept. My husband and I did this as an anniversary/birthday present and Kayla (my instructor), Cray Cray (my husband's instructor) and David (the videophotographer) were the best. We had initially decided not to do the video jut David changed our mind and believe me I am glad he did. We've watched it already several times in a very short time. It being our first jump we were initially very hesitant and scared but the confidence and trust they instilled on us made it so much easier, we felt extremely safe. They checked our harness over and over and they kept us all distracted cracking jokes on the way up and even sang their special happy birthday version to me. It all happened so fast there was no time to chicken out when it was time to jump. We loved it so much we took advantage of their offer and purchased our second jump. Can't wait to do it again. If this is on your bucket list, this is by far the best place to go. You won't regret it.

Deloria O, Front Office Manager at Skydive Spaceland Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

We are all glad here at Spaceland that you and your husband had such a great experience! We love sharing this incredible sport. It's a thrill of a lifetime, and a great way to celebrate your birthday. Thank you for the great review, and wet hope to see you guys again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Awesome thrill adventure!! Beautiful setting (former farm, wide open space). Staff are all highly trained and safety-oriented. Each staff member has made thousands of tandem jumps so all are very experienced. All equipment is top notch. Overall, had an incredible experience and would recommend this place. Here are a few comments:
-We paid extra for the HD picture/video package. Unfortunately my son's videographer's Go Pro had a malfunction or he forgot to hit the start button so no video was taken. Skydive Spaceland refused to do anything about it other than agreeing to film him again for free if we paid for a second jump. Really?? That's pretty bad customer service. We had already been there 6 hours and had a 2 hour drive home so paying almost $200 for another jump really wasn't an option for us. I totally understand that things can happen but make it right when something does go wrong by refunding part of the cost of the HD package. But manager pointed to big "No Refunds for Any Reason" sign at the check-in desk.
-Each jumper does get to "pull the cord" to open the parachute following the freefall. that is pretty cool!
-site is in the middle of 'no where' so bring reading material, folding chair, or fishing pole (there is a stocked pond on property). There is a giant Jenga game and a corn hole game. Other than that, there isn't anything to do while you wait for your turn. Bring your own chair... not many places to sit while you wait.
-Eat in Rockmart or Cedartown before you arrive. Only food items available on site is a vending machine.
-Participants wear jumpsuits that are provided but not cleaned between uses-some jumpsuits are pretty nasty with sweat.
-Jumpers start off by watching 20 minute video that reviews the basics of a tandem jump. Closer to time to jump, each jumper meets his tandem instructor and the videographer. Tandem instructor helps each jumper into the jumpsuit and harness.
-Be prepared to wait! We waited 4 hours before it was our turn to jump. Part of this was due to weather issues in the morning that backlogged the rest of the day.
-Airplane is not on site. There is a shuttle bus that takes jumpers to the airplane (about 8 minute ride). Spectators stay at the main site and can observe the jumpers from the open observation place (perfect view! watched them jumped from the plane to all the way to when they landed). Shuttle collects the jumpers from the field and brings them back to the main site.
-Rob is an awesome videographer/photographer!! He took, by far, the best video and pictures of anyone in our group!

It sounds like overall you guys had a great experience, and would recommend us to others. We appreciate your attention to detail about our 60+ acre private airport. Spaceland strives to provide top notch service in all areas, and is a premiere training facility that stands alone in the industry. Q&A and detailed photo and videos about our facility, wait times and what to expect during your skydiving experience is all located on our website.
Our jumpsuits are professional grade made specifically for multi-types of skydiving. Unfortunately due to the number of tandems and students that come out we are not able to wash them between each person. However, they are washed once a week.
We're sorry you were not satisfied with our customer service regarding your son's video and photo package. Although rare, camera malfunctions can happen as there is a great deal involved at a high rate of speed and our highest concern is exiting the aircraft properly, your son's skydive and landing safely while having a good time. Our policies are listed in the waiver you sign upon arrival. Our second jumps are only $99 if purchased the same day as your first jump. We offered to go right back up with him and capture his experience (Video/photo pkg.) that same day or a day of your choice for free. I'm glad we were able to him the 75 or so photos that comes with the package so he had some to take home that day.

If you have further questions or concerns, please email me at Deloria@skydivespaceland.com.