“Nice room, comfortable, cozy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Buford, Georgia
“Nice room, comfortable, cozy”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Rome GA Holiday Inn Express. I had a great night's sleep in my King bed, it was quiet, and wish I could have stayed longer!

The only issues at this motel were the parking lot which is apparently in the process of repair and a minor one with breakfast. I've been to HIE many times in the past and if a customer is a little "late" coming down as I was this morning, at 9:20 a.m., (breakfast closed at 9:30 a.m.), due to sleeping in when I had the opportunity, folks have tended to keep things out or at least ask if I wanted something else to eat. Unfortunately on the dot at 9:30 a.m. the breakfast lady was picking up and packing up; period. This struck me as a tad "out of character" for Holiday Inn Expresses in which I've stayed in the past.

Other than the above, I had a great stay here and would recommend this motel to anyone wanting a clean and comfortable night's stay with a great breakfast! Just don't be tardy!

Room Tip: I always book the top floor and away from the elevator and ice machines and have a wonderful night...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Easy check in. Nice. New. Clean. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.
Not a whole lot of restaurants right next to it. There are several restaurants and shopping places within a few miles drive though.
I would definitely stay here again if I had business in Rome. But if you want more romantic or historic there are other hotels in downtown Rome that would be a better choice for you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeorgiaBlondeGirl
laxmi35, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Rome Ga. From all the staff here we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again the next time your business brings you to the Rome area.
Alexandria
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It was very clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel location was very convient for my needs. The room furnishings were up to date and provided a very relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

laxmi35, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Rome, GA. I am so happy you chose to stay with us. I am also very glad that the staff was friendly and took care of you while you were here. Please come back and see us again in the future.
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2014

this was our 1st stay but not our last. we were there for a recruiting visit for berry college during the time of the snow storm that hit Atlanta back in January our normal 31/2 hour trip took 61/2 hours. we arrived very late and tired after midnight the lady at the counter was WONDERFUL the room was spotless truly a gem for Rome. breakfast was great and the best part my son committed to berry I know where we will stay each home game !!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jt8688
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Holiday Inn Express in Rome, GA. I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectation and that your son is going to Berry College. We look forward to see you and your family for all of the home games.
Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was satisfied with the hotel stay but would have liked to have access to the pool. It was covered up so we could not get in. The hotel offered free breakfast but we had to leave earlier than breakfast was served. I always enjoy the free breakfast at Holiday Inn especially the coffee. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014
laxmi35, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Rome GA. We are pleased to find that our accomodations were to your liking. We pride ourselves in always have a clean, friendly environment for our guests to stay in. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are back in the Rome, GA. area.
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've stayed here twice in the past 2 weeks. Both rooms were cool, 2nd or 4th floor didn't make any difference to me.

As with most of my reviews, location to my workplace is premium to me. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the location was good.

The front desk recommended a good restaurant which turned out better than anticipated.

I would stay here again, and recommend this to others with no reservations (pun intended).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
It is always a pleasure to read such wonderful reviews about our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Rome, GA. From all the staff here, we are greatly appreciative that you took the time to fill one out. I hope that the next time you are in town on business you will think of us again! We are always here for a great stay and good food recommendations!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is probably the most popular place to stay in Rome based upon my parking lot survey of motels that I pass twice a day commuting from East Rome west out to Coosa. It is clean and not too noisy. The only thing to really be warned about is the left side of the hotel as you face it has problems with the ground. The parking lot has settled where a covered ditch goes under it and it has taken out the pool as well. The pool and railing have settled downward on the hill that was created out of the fill dirt that is giving way. I'm sure there is litigation going on over this so these problems will not be fixed soon. The left corner of the hotel in the stairway is kind of scary when you look at all the settling that is taking place. I stayed on the right side and did not worry one bit.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow so a ground room might be better if you are on an extended stay. Or take a second...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
laxmi35, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel Holiday Inn Express Rome, GA and for your recent stay. We hope you choose us for all your future stays in Rome, GA.