“Great Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I came up here from Texas while in the process of selling my house and I needed a comfortable place to stay with a clean bed and shower. The Econo Lodge was that and more. The room was very tidy and quiet. The Manager was willing to work with me and was very nice and understanding to my circumstances. I stayed here for three weeks and not once did I find anything to complain about. The Receptionist was always welcoming and I was able to work on the computer in the lobby to get work done which was a great source of help. There is a Huddle House next door and I was able to get a discount for staying at the Lodge which helped out a lot. It's not too far from other fast food places like Taco Bell and Wendy's, so food was never an issue.
I recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking to stay somewhere for 1-2 weeks.

Room Tip: Top floor is quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony R
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My stay at this hotel was enjoyable. It was comfy and the front desk clerk, Destiny, was very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is in need of someplace to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dearestophelia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was very clean and right next to a huddle house which was nice for breakfast. The room was a decent size and comfortable. The area seemed safe and was quiet which is a big plus. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LilyH_84
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have recently taken a job that has led me to have to be in Rome quite frequently. I have stayed at this hotel twice and have had a good experience. The front desk clerk, Nicole, was extremely helpful and friendly. She knows the town, and anything that I needed...which included a clock for my room, she made sure to supply it for me. I appreciate the discounted rate and the new management. They seem to know the meaning of hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 27 March 2013

It was $55 when most other hotels in the area were $70. In the first room the sheets had a large stain on them and were also ripped. Second room the sheets looked fine. It has an old smell in the building and the TV was very old looking and the color would fade in and out. I didnt notice until later but there was no clock of any sort in the room which I thought was odd. Also noticed in the morning that the smoke detector was missing and a few wires hanging. The room did have a microwave and mini-fridge which I discovered were on a switched outlet so if the lights were off so was the fridge, making that not too useable. Overall I understand it was cheaper but not worth the potential safety hazard of disconnected smoke detectors and whatever that mystery stain was on the sheets in the first room. Will pay the extra for somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business