“Great Value, Excellent Service, and Comfy Rooms”
Review of Quality Inn Rome

Quality Inn Rome
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Ardmore, Tennessee
“Great Value, Excellent Service, and Comfy Rooms”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I absolutely love it here. I am on a project that kept me here for 2 months. I tried the Comfort Suites across the road and it was terrible, so I tried this hotel. Way better. The internet is fast, the breakfast included biscuits and gravy (a must have), the beds were comfortable, and a nice area for me to work at on my computer. I had enough space for my 17" Laptop and a 21" extra monitor plus room for paperwork. Love the bathroom setup. The tub and toilet are in their own room with a door that closes for privacy. The sink and counter are in a separate area. Love this because when the wife came to visit I could be taking my shower while she was getting ready at the sink.

There is an indoor pool that is connected to the hotel by a hallway. It is enclosed in like a greenhouse type building with windows that open. The pool is heated. There was a gentle rain one day, had the windows open, and it was awesome in the pool. The sound and smell of rain with the warm water in the pool.

The staff go above and beyond to help you out. I have to be at work by 06:00 so I leave the hotel around 05:15. Breakfast doesn't start until 05:30. I don't make coffee in my room so I went down to get my morning coffee. It was not ready yet so I went back to my room. The staff showed up at my hotel room door with a pot of fresh coffee, cups, and condiments for me. Love a place that goes above and beyond.

I am a Choice Privileges Diamond Club member. I have stayed at a lot of hotels, but this one ranks up at the very top of my list.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor towards the main road. Only issue I had was when people would go out th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tina J, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you so much Don, it has been our pleasure that you have chose to stay with us. Sincerely, Tina Jackson GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Darien, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently booked this hotel on Priceline and was disappointed that it is considered
a 2 1/2 star property. The bathroom of this hotel is literally the size of a closet. In fact,
the sink is not in the bathroom but in the room. This is a poor design as one has to use the door handles to get out before they can wash their hands. The sheets were stained. The hotel still has smoking and the smell lingers down the hall. The staff was friendly but the breakfast had several items needing replaced that never were. The hotel signs call this a value choice. It is not a good value as to price but it is definitely a budget type hotel. Beware that Priceline did nothing to help satisfy this mislabeled hotel nor did the management of the hotel. I recommend you pay full price somewhere else that is truly a moderate plus choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Darientraveler
Tina J, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Horrible Experience!!! --FIRST ROOM: DIRTY SHEETS ON BOTH BEDS!! (black hairs/face makeup/lipstick/blood/buggers). The ceiling had a piece of 8x4 sheetrock that was about to fall down onto the bed. Little pieces of paint were hanging off and falling off onto the bed.
--SECOND ROOM: DIRTY SHEETS ON BOTH BEDS!! The girl who came to open it up even made a face and agreed, the bed sheets had not been changed. She and the front desk clerk both changed the sheets while we waited (way after midnight by now).
--THE MANAGER on the phone the next day made every attempt to justify and excuse the DIRTY SHEETS, and falling sheetrock, and dirty fingerprints and dirty tables in both rooms. She was completely insensitive to the entire situation of losing sleep and having to get up early the next morning. She was a real jerk!! She offers a refund for the 2 nights, but I only got 40% back.

--I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANY QUALITY INN AGAIN!

Room Tip: DIRTY SHEETS! Don't stay here unless you don't mind sleeping on someone else's dirty she...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank GypsyTrip11
Tina J, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 5 December 2013

rome.ga@cphosp.com
Orlando, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,669 helpful votes
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed there this past weekend and absolutely no problem whatsoever. The hotel is conveniently located next to a Waffle House and across from a Hess that is open 24/7. The rooms were great and fairly spacious with all the little things you need from a mini fridge to a microwave. Staff was very courteous and informative on how to get around Rome. all together, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve R
Tina J, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online comment and thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We really look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Rome Georgia.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I booked this room through Priceline, and believe I received a solid value for the money. The Quality Inn is not a luxurious hotel, but it delivers a clean room with decent amenities, and friendly service. For the price, you can't ask for much more.

I had to switch rooms because the flapper in the toilet wasn't sealing properly, meaning the tank wasn't filling. The woman at the front desk said there was no service person available at 4pm in the afternoon, but she was quick to allow me to switch to the room next door. Coffee is available at the breakfast bar 24 hours a day; if it's lukewarm, they'll make you another pot, or suggest you brew your own cup in with your in-room coffeemaker. Interestingly, milk in the refrigerator is also available 24/7, as are several choices of cereal. So, if you want raisin bran at 7pm (as I did), you can get it.

The beds are a bit hard, and the pillows are smaller; sleep was comfortable but not marvelous. The WiFi signal was excellent, which you don't often find in many hotels, regardless of price range.

Also, please note that this hotel is located on the southeast side of the city, about a five-minute drive from downtown. If you want something more centrally located, you may want to consider the Hawthorne Suites. But know that you'll pay more. (Incidentally, if you need a late-night food fix...and if more raisin bran just won't do...the Waffle House is 30 seconds from the front door.)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank StevePR104
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

rome.ga@cphosp.com
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel alot to Rome, Ga on my last visit decided to try the Quality Inn (behind the new Waffle House). The price was better than I expected. I was informed by the front desk staff (Kaycee) that the rooms were recently renovated including: new carpet in rooms, new bedding, desk chair, ottoman. The fitness room and indoor heated pool were available 24 hours. I was able to eat hot waffle for breakfast plus canadain bacon with hot eggs, toast, cereal with so many more items to choose from. I also forgot to mention that the hotel also provided free Wi-Fi (was not slow at all).
I highly recommed the Quality Inn of Rome. Thank you for such a wonderful stay!!! :>

Room Tip: Ask for the Suite that has King bed in seperate room with Sofa sleeper and 2 Tv's
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tina J, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
I sincerely hope we can accommodate you with one next time you are in Rome.

General Manager 706-291-7797
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everything was above excellent. I do wish they had more smoking rooms, but considering the major outage at the local paper mill, this was understandable. The rooms were very clean and breakfast was good. We were within 5 miles of major restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2013
Christopher D, General Manager at Quality Inn Rome, responded to this review, 12 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon. My apology for not having a smoking room for you, they do stay booked up.
I sincerely hope we can accommodate you with one next time you are in Rome.

General Manager 706-291-7797