“The Beds are awful and directly affected my stay in Rome, Ga”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rome
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The beds in this hotel droop down to the floor when you sit on them. They are very springy and when two people are sleeping in it, watch out, because if anyone moves at all, both move. Also, there are slumps where prior guests slept. I couldn't sleep well in the bed and as a result, I was exhausted after sleeping, making it nearly impossible to stay awake the following day in meetings.
On Fri. morning, I called down to ask the front desk to cancel my room cleaning for the day. Noone answered the phone. Then, I walked downstairs and found both of the front desk ladies outside, smoking cigarettes.
The front desk man, can't remember his name, was nice and concerned that I was unhappy about the bed, so he took me around to a few rooms to see if we'de like to move. All the beds in the hotel are the same, so I saw no point in moving. If comfortable beds are important to you, don't consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, this one is less expensive (if you can call it that) for a reason.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa J

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed for 8 nights while working nearby and will choose this hotel again when I have business in Rome. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff went out of their way to assist me when needed.

Room Tip: Book early for paper mill outages
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim21W
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fortunately, I'm familiar with Rome, GA. Otherwise, I might have had a problem finding the place, since it's not immediately visible from the road. It's not a big hotel, but the rooms were spacious and clean, and the wi-fi is free and reliable. I had no trouble accessing it on my iPhone.
The hotel is in west Rome and is close to Wal-Mart, with a couple of fast food places very nearby. About 3/4 of a mile down the road is a nice strip mall with a Dwarf House (Chick-fil-A with table service and an expanded menu), two really good local Italian restaurants, a Longhorn Steakhouse and a Moe's Southwest Grill. This shopping center is right across from Shorter University, so it's a good location for people visiting their children.
The king bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast wasn't bad at all. They had sausage and eggs, muffins, danishes, bagels, toast, cereal, juice and waffles. So it was a decent selection.
The hotel was quiet and the desk staff friendly and courteous.
Overall, the hotel was very clean and the rates were some of the best in town. I'd recommend it and will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: It's far enough off Shorter Avenue that noise is not a major problem, so any room would be all r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chickychick
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Inn was tucked back off the main road through Rome, a ways away from the cluster of motels. We spotted the lighted Comfort Inn sign quite clearly, but the entrance sign was small and hard to see. The gal at the front desk was not too friendly, but got us checked into our room. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and they have an elevator.
The room was big, king bed, 2 comfy chairs, couch and coffee table. The small window over looked the parking lot, but there was not much of a view anyway. . The only food close by was Micky D's.
But the bed was the most wonderful bed I think I have ever slept in, I slept so good that night and didn't wake up until morning, which is very unusual for me.

If you want a good night sleep, at a very reasonable price, this is the place to go when in Rome, Georgia.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front face the parking lot, but are far enough away from the street, so it is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn as a stopover stay, the booking & check in process was effortless.
The room was spacious with two queen beds, a table & chairs, tv, fridge & microwave. The bed was super comfy and all amenities worked well.
The breakfast was passable - with a selection of pastries, breads, muffins, cereals, fruit & yogurt. A waffle making machine lookedfun & if i werent on a timeline, i would have been testing it out! Eggs & sausages were supposed to be on offer but at 7.30-8am when we walked down there were none.

Overall, a satisfying experience. Relatively priced, comfortable & I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed here on business. It's a very nice hotel, well maintained and the front desk clerks were very helpful. My suite was GREAT! :)

Room Tip: I suggest a suite facing the main road. The rooms on the 'hillside' of the hotel-view clay.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed here while my husband worked in Cedartown, Ga; very nice hotel, well maintained and the front desk staff was excellent. Diane and Trish were quick to respond to any comments or requests. Quality breakfast items with a wide variety of choices. Rooms very well maintained, pool available but did not use. Recommend telephoning hotel direct for rates if planning an extended visit of a week or more for best rate options.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business