“Gross!”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Gross!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed on Feb. 27, 2014 the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful & friendly. My room was clean (for the most part) but furniture was extremely outdated. But that wasn't the problem. I pulled my sheets back & I noticed a dry stain which later appeared to be dry blood. It also looked as if someone had stepped on one of the pillow cases, it had a big black shoe print on it. It was gross! I wouldn't stay there again. I can only imagine what I'd find next time.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank AnneCP1959

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The staff was extremely friendly, the hotel was clean, the rooms were awesome, the beds were comfortable. Good selection of breakfast items and the eating area was big and roomy. The pool area was very nice also. Only negative would be that they had way too much chlorine in the hot tub (bleached all our bathing suits) and there were only two towels available in the pool area. Other than that, it was a great experience. We visit the area often and will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Traveler
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a stock standard Comfort Inn...from the 1990s. It is clean and the rooms are a good size. The furnishings are very outdated and really could use some upgrading. The TV was great however. Maybe little by little they'll get the rest of the furniture updated. The breakfast was really quite good. They really did have a great variety of items offered. They put out a good mix of 'good' 'fresh' fruit each morning and I did like that. This was a decent enough motel and the price was competitive but I would have to agree with other reviewers here...the beds weren't that good...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inns and Suites on Shorter Ave. Rome Georgia for two nights. The rooms we stayed in were very clean and very nice. The staff were kind, courteous, and helpful! There is abosolutely nothing negative I can say about our wonderful experience!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheOnlyTruthJC
Tawas City, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

We were enroute to New Orleans and chose this location because it was convenient to friends we wanted to see on our way. It was clean the staff were friendly and the room was nice. There's was a slight odor of cigarette smoke in the hall but no trace of a smoke odor in the room breakfast was good and dining area clean and well organized.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

We had 5 rooms booked and arrived at about 10:30 at night to check in. In one of our rooms, the air conditioner didn't work. In another, the bed was unmade and there were dirty towels laking around. In my room, the smoke detector needed a new battery and was beeping loudly every few seconds. They were able to change 2 of our rooms, but they were changed to smoking rooms. They did replace the battery in our smoke detector, but it took them 2 people and about an hour to do it.
The lady at the front desk was very friendly when we checked in.
Breakfast was mediocre at best - stale muffins, etc.
It wasn't an absolutely horrible experience, but definitely not a place I'd be excited to return to.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank janahall323
Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn by accident recently and will never stay there again. I booked what I thought was the Comfort Inn and Suites on Chateau Drive in Rome but in error booked the Comfort Inn on Shorter Ave. When I realized my error it was a few hours past the cancellation deadline and the hotel would not allow me to transfer my reservation to the other Comfort Inn in Rome. They were within their rights to not allow the change due to my mistake but I was definitely not looking forward to staying there after their inflexibility. When we arrived at the hotel, located behind an auto parts store in a dingy parking lot, I realized why they were so inflexible. I cannot imagine anyone choosing to stay at this hotel willingly. The man who checked me in was the same person who told me the evening before that that his manager wouldn’t let me transfer my reservations. He was polite and nice and said that he would give us one of his “best suites.” We went to our room where the housekeeping staff was just finishing their work and the room appeared clean and smelled fresh. However, if this is their best suite I hate to see what the other rooms are like. The wallpaper is peeling, the mattress thin, hard and sagging and the “décor” looked to be straight out of a college dorm room. Everything was cheap, sparse and indestructible. This room was on a non-smoking corridor as we had requested but inexplicably there was one smoking room in the middle of this hall and of course it was next to us, so everything smelled like smoke. I understood why the rooms looked like dorms when I went back to the lobby, only to find throngs of teenagers hanging out – this hotel was hosting two large school groups. That also explained the guest room doors being propped open in our hall (including the smoking room next to us) and the constant traffic and banging of doors all night. The bed was indescribably uncomfortable and but the shower was clean and had good water pressure. We put the “do not disturb” sign on out door in the morning while we showered and dressed and removed it at 9:00 AM when we left the room. When we returned to the room at 5:00 PM we found that our room had not been cleaned. We went to the desk where a very nice lady was apologetic and offered to come clean the room in between check ins. When we asked by the room wasn’t cleaned we were told that the manager does a walk through before 8:30 AM and if a room has a “do not disturb” sign on the door it is not cleaned. I asked what kind of hotel makes their guests be ready for housekeeping at 8:30 AM on a weekend and received no satisfactory answer. I was also told that it was “too busy” to check back after 8:30 AM. We were supposed to go to the desk and request housekeeping in order to get our rooms cleaned, which of course we didn’t do because we had no idea of their ridiculous policy. All in all it was a run down hotel in a sketchy location – stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FromHub

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels