“Fun but Warning, warning”

Penrith Whitewater Stadium
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun but Warning, warning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

First ride down the rapids was lots of fun. By the end of the hour, everyone in the boat was getting tired. I fell out and got dragged over 3 rapids down a concrete channel mostly underwater. My legs and hands had serious abrasions. When I got home, I went to the doctor who described my left ankle as "gouged". I've just got back from my 2nd trip to the doctor and have knee to ankle bandages. I think Whitewater Stadium should focus more on what to do if you're injured. I don't know if they even provide any first aid. I am glad to be alive.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank canmount

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hidden gem in Penrith”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am sure people around the area don't even know they can go into this fabulous facility and marvel at its engineering - all for free! And whilst there - sit and enjoy a wonderful coffee/lunch at the cafe overlooking the start of the ride. You can also take your own lunch and have it on the tables and chairs provided - under the umbrella! How lucky we are!

Visited April 2014
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Really had a blast doing this, it was fast and exciting but extremely safe. I do not consider myself a strong swimmer so I was initially a little nervous. So believe it or not on the first rapid I fell out of the raft but I floated nearly all the way down it is quite safe you have life jackets etc. They also have people throwing ropes to take you to the edge if you are really struggling.

Overall great day for teenagers and adults that are kids at heart.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“best fun you can have in a washing machine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Spent the day here on a corporate trip and had an absolute blast, they had everything we needed, the guides were fun and engaging and we spent the day being bounced, tenderised and thoroughly wet. Had a ball

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“World Class Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I've done a fair bit of white water rafting around the world and I have to say the Penrith course is certainly world class. Right from the get go the staff are friendly and cool. They certainly put your mind at ease if you're feeling a bit nervous. The man mad course has a lot of benefits that natural ones don't have. The water is always running at a great level so you don't need to worry about going when it hasn't rained in a while. The course is a circuit and has a conveyor belt which takes you to the top so you spend heaps of time on the water and no time carrying rafts back to the top of a river.

The white water it's self is so much fun, it's hard to describe exactly what makes it so great, but you're guaranteed to have a blast. Don't be afraid of falling out either, because it's probably even more fun to go for a 'swim'. The staff will likely take you for a surf in the middle wave. Get ready to laugh your as s off and have even more fun.

I made a video of my trip there, this is just a standard trip it wasn't made for the white water people or anything just me having fun. I fell out twice but keep in mind I like to swim :D if you are afraid of that I'm sure you could hold on if you were committed.

Visited October 2013