“Great Day!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My grand kids loved the kiddie rides, and the attendants were all very nice and helpful! We had a company picnic before starting and the food was great. The rides were all very fun and all in all it was a great day! I still wish for the old "castle" ride to come back to it's former two story glory, but that seems like a lost dream. Thanks!

Visited September 2013

Rome, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Soakya needs a lot of work!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family and I have been visiting lake winnie for years. It has always been great family fun, but recently since they have added the waterpark it seems as if things have changed. Its great that they have a water park but even though you're only paying for one park they treat the water park and the theme park as if they are two different parks. We bought a funnel cake while in the theme park and the security guards at the water park would not let us come in with it, Even though they sell food in the water park. Another thing that really irritates me is how the security guards stand at thr water park entrance like they are guarding prisoners staring at every person when they enter or exit. Don't get me wrong I agree totally with safety but the way these people act as if they own the park. Lastly but not least was the fact of how inside the water park some people were told they could not get into the water without swim clothing and others were sitting in the water fully clothed and nothing was said to them. Not exactly procedure I'm sure.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank James M
Cleveland, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great for the whole family!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Lake Winnie Amusement Park is fun for the whole family. Something for everyone. Food was good and fresh! While not to be compared with a full size park like Six Flags, it does have an excellent family atmosphere and a very good water ride.

Visited October 2012
Collegedale, Tennessee
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Fun 7th Birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My 7 yr old wanted more then anything to go to the new water park at Lake Winnie. The price is a bargain since you get the rides and a full day at the water park. We started with the rides, she was not tall enough for the more fun rides such as coasters and bumper cars. She did ride all the boats, cars, bumble bee and the elephant ride. She loved the crazy caterpillar mini coaster and the antique cars you can drive yourself. Plus the paddle boats and a leisure ride in the air. Even the Farris wheel. The train can take you all the way around or it can drop you off at the water park.
Next we went back to the car for our huge pool/beach bag. Note * THE RENTABLE LOCKERS ARE VERY TINY!!! We had to keep our bag on a table but, no one bothered it. My daughter was tall enough for all the water rides. They each ended in a small amount of water so no alarm for drowning. The lazy river was lots of fun! the wave pool part is only 1 corner of the turn of the lazy river so not much too it. The kiddie area was a little crowded but fun as well. They have many chairs to pick from and they have excellent hamburgers, They also have popcorn and chicken fingers. We had lots of fun and my daughter wants to go back on her next Birthday!

Visited July 2013
knoxville
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Better than we expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was our first visit to Lake Winnie. Despite what people I know that have been there in the past told us about the place (old, boring, ran down) we loved it. While it is not Dollywood and shouldn't be compared to it, it was perfect for my 10 and 12 yr olds. They actually thought it was more fun than Dollywood since the lines were nearly non existent which allowed them to ride multiple times on their fav rides. My only suggestion would be have a slightly lower admission price for those such as us that have no intention of going to the water park and are only there to ride the rides. It is a great value if you are going to visit both the water park and the amusement park but we had no plans or desire to visit the water side. Great place and my guys are asking when can we go back.

Visited August 2013