“Southern Food and Wonderful Service Under One Roof”

Flying Biscuit Cafe
Ranked #93 of 334 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Douglasville, Georgia
“Southern Food and Wonderful Service Under One Roof”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been to Flying Biscuit several times but this was my husband's first visit. Even thought the parking lot was slammed, we were seated immediately upon arriving through the front door. It was busy but we were waited on immediately by a very nice, attentive waiter. I am newly vegetarian and my every wish for modification of a dish was handled without a problem. My eggwhite vegies scramble was wonderful. I always love their creamy grits and the whole wheat bisuit with cranberry apple butter was hot and delicious. My husband had the Fying Biscuit Souther Eggs Benedict which incorporatres their homemade pimento cheese instead of Canadian Bacon. He was surprisingly pleased that it was so over the top tasty and said he was definitely coming back and ordering it again. Service was excellent, food served quickly and as described. We were more than pleased. You must try it if you haven't visited Flying Biscuit.

• Visited October 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Soothing breakfast, interesting menu, too much amateur art”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The only issue I had with an otherwise wonderful breakfast of organic oatmeal pancakes was with the Amateur Art Overdose on the restaurant walls. You know what I'm talking about. A local artist of middling talent and imagination talks to the owner, who is trying to spruce up a spot in a typical exurb strip mall location. I just can't imagine buying original art from restaurants, most of it pretty bad (which is why it's not in a gallery, right?). At any rate, our food server was highly attentive and distracted us from the art as well as from a customer (hopefully not an employee) sleeping off a hangover at a table near us. My relatives all loved their dishes, a mix of fresh eggs, bacon, french toast, and fruit, all prepared wonderfully. The coffee was fair trade and far better than what you get at 90% of places. Waiting for a table wasn't a problem, even for Labor Day Weekend. Next time we're in Atlanta, we'll definitely come back.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“First time!!! Wonderful!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My sister took me there this morning for the first time. What stood out the most was the AMAZING customer service. A young man was there to greet us and open the door for us. We were immediately seated and attended to by our server named Chris/Kris (sorry if misspelled). She was wonderful and helpful since this was my first time attending. My sister already had an old favorite that she just had to have again! We were then greeted by Barbara (the owner) and she was simply DELIGHTFUL. She also brought us out some samples of a few of there specials and they too were awesome! The decor is bright and cherry. I can't wait to go back there again. Thank you to the entire staff and Barbara for making my first trip there so memorable. Great start to my day!

• Visited August 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent omlets! Love the Piedmont! Good value!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I eat breakfast/brunch here often and always enjoy an excellent omlet!
Staff is great and the coffee is really good!

I almost always have the Piedmont omlet. Turkey bacon and sausage is really good. The vegan omlet is also awesome.

Regular or wheat biscuits are their signature served with their home made apple cinnamon butter. Soooo good.

Very reasonably priced selections and they have more than omlets too.

Highly recommend, Its a great place!

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“In search of vegan”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I visited here looking for a vegan restaurant and found it on happycow. The choices were slim for vegans, but I tried the black bean cakes with tomatillo sauce and they were very good. They tasted fresh. My friend had the veggie burger on a whole grain bun and it was excellent. The rosemary potatoes were also very good. Limited choices for vegan, but the food was good.

Visited July 2013