“Quick About Face”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I should have read the reviews prior to staying here. If I had I would have paid the extra to stay somewhere, anywhere else. Sleeping in the car would have beaten this. The smell upon entry to the lobby was bad. It actually smelled like urine. My husband went in first to check us in and he needed to use the restroom. When he came back with our room keys I could tell he had not gone to the bathroom. When we went in with the rest of the family I smelled the lobby and thought the poor smell made him change his mind. when we got to the elevator I smelled urine. My husband opened the lobby restroom door and it got worse. The toilet was backed up, thus the urine smell and why he did not go to the bathroom. He decided to wait until we got to our room. Well the urine smell was replaced by a cigarette and overall musty order on the elevator, down the hall and into our first room. The smell was so bad in there I was getting a headache and knew I could not stay there. I asked the front desk clerk if this was a non smoking room, she said it was supposed to be, but she gave us another room, which was nice of her. This room was larger, but smelled badly also, so I got out the Lysol and went to work. The stairs had a bad smell that made me hold my breath whenever I used them. The guest laundry room was small and the drier did not work. It got hot, but an hour and $1.50 later the clothes were not dry. The machine got hot but the drum did not rotate. I am sorry but this place was a dump compared to the other LaQuintas I have stayed at. This place needs a complete makeover, an extreme one. The staff was nice, but the accomodations are deplorable. Well, you get what you pay for.

2  Thank DebB1959
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Unfortunately, this hotel will fail even low expectations. I understand the value of a dollar, and was hoping value would match quality (honestly, I'm easy-going...I don't expect the world when living within a budget). But, this hotel is not worth the savings! Room had foul odor and was dirty, breakfast was missing waffle batter for an hour, had trash (including container of opened milk) on breakfast floor that was never cleaned, tables were dirty, and juice AND milk were in pitchers, unchilled. WHAT was going on??? Staff was disinterested. Worst LaQuinta ever, and I am not picky! Had the breakfast been decent, I would have let a lot slide...but if a LaQuinta fails at breakfast, there's something horribly wrong.

3  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at many LaQuinta Inns and have had very good experiences at them. Sometimes the stay is only for one night, but always comfortable. The only issue might be that there are not more of these LaQuinta Inns to service locations across the country.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am extremely disappointed with the hotel itself. The staff that checked me in was great. I don't remember her name but she was very nice. However, whoever was there for the night shift was awful. There were no towels in our room at all, except the one on the side of the tub. We called to ask for towels, he stated no one was downstairs to bring them so we had to get our own. When I went down, there was no one at the desk with a sign stating something along the lines of "we'll be right back". I waited only to see the same young man that I had passed on my floor on my way down. If he was coming to my floor, why couldn't he bring the towels?? Furthermore, the room was just awful. It smelled like mildew and mold. The window has a huge white stain on it and we had to keep the shade closed. The carpet felt wet like it may have been shampoo'd but I dont think it had been because there were stains all over it. The smell was so awful that I had a headache that I just got rid of yesterday. The bathroom was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!! There was mold & mildew stains all over the shower curtain. I have pics of all of this stuff. The bathroom smelled like mold and mildew as well. The water was lukewarm for both showers taken. We booked this hotel because of the location and the close proximity to the wedding venue. I am appalled that this hotel is in such bad shape. We had a few rooms reserved there and everyone was disappointed. I thought this would be a good hotel to stay in considering it is in North Fulton County. This was absolutely horrendous!!!! I have an upcoming trip this weekend and had booked the LaQuinta in Pensacola, FL. I have since cancelled that reservation b/c I am totally turned off at this point. We all felt as if we were in an episode of "Martin" on Chilligans Island. I would not recommend anyone to stay there. I feel that the hotel was way overpriced for what is being offered there. I was absolutely livid to have to stay there. I didn't sleep well the night before and I was up extremely early just so I could get out of that room. The smell alone made me sick to my stomach. I'm not sure what is going on there but it really needs to be worked on. I will be making this known to the GM of this property because I feel like I've been taken advantage of. I am not looking for a refund or a free night anywhere b/c I could not be paid to stay at another LaQuinta property. This was a 1 time only for me. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!! I am more upset with myself because I could have paid a few dollars extra and stayed at the Doubletree across the street!!!

Room Tip: Choose an entirely different hotel!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The employees at this hotel were great, very friendly and helpful. The rates were very reasonable but next time I will pay more for a cleaner hotel. The carpet was worn and filthy throughout the hotel. Had to keep my shoes on when out of bed. The steps were hot and smelly because the air did not work on the stairs and the carpet was filthy there also. If the carpet were replaced, I might stay there again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dirty hotel with poor service. The room had been smoked in prior to our arrival and cigarette butts left in bedside drawer. Plumbing need repair. Our room was not cleaned or bed made during our two day stay. We had to request bath room supplies on both nights we stayed at this hotel. Common areas, hallways, lobby and breakfast area floors need cleaning. I have never stayed in a hotel quite like this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have never had any complaints at a LaQuinta until this one. Stool stains on the sheets???Really Atlanta?? Then the desk clerk brings me more and they were more than DAMP and had pink stains on them. The towel rack in the bathroom comes down with the towels easy access I guess...I won't judge all Ga. LaQuinta's but this one NEVER again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Atlanta Hotel
Atlanta Hotel
#9 of 10 in Roswell

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!