“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Roswell
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stay at LQ a lot, in fact we are Elite members - the reason being, their policy on dogs. We usually travel with our chihuahua. We picked this location since it was close to family. This location needs a redo - one of our rooms had a faulty commode which was supposedly fixed but was not. The front desk was professional, friendly and most accommodating and moved one of our party but the second room smelled. Not a location we will pick again, sorry to say. Very competitive pricing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Craig M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Let me start by saying that I usually love La Quintas. This one, however, is a different story. You can tell right when you walk in. The smell is terrible. It literally smells like a veterinarians office everywhere. Carpets are filthy. Thankfully the bed sheets seemed clean. On the second day of my stay, my room was not cleaned, bed not made, trash not emptied, but my headphones had mysteriously vanished off the desk.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank paulternate

Travellers are raving about these Roswell hotels

cumberland, MD, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed here before but this time the bathroom had a problem. We reported it before 6:00 PM on Saturday. It was not fixed when we checked out. They said that the had no matenance staff on duty until after 12:00.

Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If I wasn't so desperate to put my son up somewhere, anywhere, as he awaited the availability of his new apartment, I would have yanked him out of there.

He said that as he checked in, a man was leaving due to some problems. When my son arrived, they gave him the room the other man refused. The man even made a comment that they were putting him into the room he just refused to stay in. My son was in the dark about why he refused the room.

The room smelled of urine and was filthy. He said that the carpet and upholstered chair were wet to the touch. He said there was what looked like feces smeared on the wall.

I understand that there is a policy to allow animals in the rooms. Maybe that is the problem. But I think they took advantage of a younger customer and gave him a room that I would have refused. I had reserved the room from out of town, and paid in full. The receipt said no refunds, so my son took the room without complaint. He complained to me, though.

It was pitiful.

Room Tip: For a good, clean room.... Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Busy Marie
Waynesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We checked in July 17, 2014--and this is my review thus far--1) the parking lot is not level for those having a walker or wheelchair and that is very dangerous, 2) no public computers for guests to use, 3) breakfast there wasn't much to offer and not all that great, 4) there are too many step downs--that is dangerous for those with strollers, walkers/wheelchairs. Also the bathroom door doesn't close all the way. All in all I won't be staying here again unless I am desperate.

Room Tip: be very, very specific when you book--they reserved 3 rooms for me when i only asked for 2

Roswell
Reviewed 15 July 2014

When we first arrived I was a little concerned about staying in this hotel because; a huge gaping hole in the ceiling of the covered area, the lobby was run down, dirty floors, short staffed. The beds did appear clean. We only needed to stay one night. Left early the next morning, did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was very apparent that the room had been used for dogs and cats. The carpet was stained and very strong odors masked by air freshener. There were fleas in the room. This was not a good thing for someone that is highly allergic to dogs and cats. I called the front desk and was trying to see if we could move and rudely told me this was a pet friendly hotel and hung up on me. There was no internet service at all. Other issues include black mold on the shower curtain and many other needed repairs. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank 676amberc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!