“Best in Area”
Review of Table & Main

Table & Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Table & Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 338 Restaurants in Roswell
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canton Street & Goulding Place
Description: Table & Main serves cuisine that is "Simple. Seasonal. Southern." in a beautifully restored farmhouse in the heart of Historic Roswell, GA.
Marietta, Georgia
“Best in Area”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Table & Main is worth a special trip just for the Charleston She-Crab Soup. Superb. Great turn-out. Touch of chili oil added just right touch of zest. Small heap of crab in center, tasted as good as it looked. Server said chef prides this as best outside of Charleston itself, and he could be right. Meal was quite reasonable in price for the results. I asked for vegetarian special, and was told if I wished, I had option of constructing my own out of side dish offerings, and I did so. The roast beets were wonderful and plentiful, larger serving than usual, and only a few decorative sprigs of greenery, unlike other places which tend to hide beets under a green forest which can require a search party to discover them. Ample dabs of goat cheese made this memorable. Enjoyed dessert and the drinks. Server Julie was professional, knowledgeable, considerate and attentive. Unlike other restaurants which scatter waitstaff assignments amid a number of tables to make it the staff seem more numerous than it is, Table & Main assigns servers to a compact cluster of tables which makes it possible for them to be much more alert to the diners' needs at any time. Two things to know, however: parking lot in rear is cramped. And noise level in wood-dominated dining room sections in this old house can be rather high. TIP: be sure to make reservations well in advance. My wife and I dined early before a local theatre performance. When we left only a little after 7 p.m., the small bar area and outside porch were jammed with as many as two dozen people waiting for seating. Yes, it's worth the wait, but much better to plan ahead.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank oaktownboy_37

Fairfax County, Virginia
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We sat at the bar as there was a long wait for a table. Glad we did! The service was awesome even though they were so busy. The food was great. The atmosphere was nice.we had a great time

Visited October 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good Food, Lovely Outdoor Dining”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've only visited the Atlanta area a handful of times so I'm not really an expert on the local dining scene. Even if I were, I feel confident that Table & Main would be at the top of my "favorites" list. It's located in a popular restaurant district so it was hopping on a Friday night. The setting is charming and well-landscaped. Because it was a nice fall evening, we opted to wait on the "first come, first served" patio option and the wait was less than 10 minutes (the better to study the incredible menu). The servers were attentive and friendly and the food (locally sourced "Southern with a twist") was delicious. I highly recommend the she-crab soup, the scallops and the apple cobbler. A newly added outdoor fireplace will add a nice outdoor ambience (and an added touch of romance) as the weather gets cooler. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
Roswell, GA
“Local treasure.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Terrific local restaurant in historic Roswell. Excellent service, innovative fare, and cozy atmosphere. Menu changes with seasonal specialties and always look forward to seeing what will be on the menu next.

Visited August 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“A ho hum”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

So we 4 couples from church gathered here on a Sunday night. The staff was most welcoming and directed us to the rest of the group on the porch. We have a Corvette and the drive apron is such that we scraped bottom - FYI if you have a low car. The drive is also gravel.
The waitress was warm and friendly, and seem fairly knowledgeable about the food and preparation. She indicated that the sides would serve two people and the one that was gotten by one couple certainly would have.
My husband and I thought the menu a bit pricey but then again, this is Roswell. The burger I ordered was to be med rare but being uneven, came very rare on one side to med-well on the other. There were 3 huge hunks of baked potato that had been dipped in something and fried. It was not crispy and the potato was mealy. My husbands also. Left a lot of it lying on the plate. For $14, there was the average bun, an 8oz burger with a very thin slice of melted cheese, Aioli sauce, i.e. thinned out mayo, a bacon sauce - very good, tomato and lettuce. My husband asked when ordering for a slice of onion too and then when it was served. He got a small container of finely chopped onion.
The hush puppies we ordered as an appetizer were huge - the sauce ok but not a lot of it.
One fellow order she crab soup. Said he grew up on this and in the end, said it tasted ok but he does like to find crab in the soup.
One other got the shrimp and grits. 4 med shrimp in a soup dish about 1/2 full of cheese grits. Not much for $18. and he said so quietly.
All in all, the table is such that you can not stretch your legs as it is like a wooden rectangle with a top on it - so you either sit back away from the table or tuck your legs under.
A lot of folks were dining there so maybe it was just us. Bit noisy.
It says it is a bourbon bar - but most were 4 Roses - not top notch. No Makers Mark, Jack Daniels, Jameson, etc. Wine list was so so. Many of the desserts were touted as having whisky in them but no whisky on the menu - bourbon - and there is a big difference
So it is up to you if you want to go there. Most of the dinners are in the $20++ range. FYI
I will say again the wait staff was most attentive and that was the best part of the whole experience. Will not go back -

• Visited October 2013