“Habit Forming”

Dining options: Reservations
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Habit Forming”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I met a group of friends at Thai Emerald for lunch yesterday. One of the women ordered the cashew chicken and raved about the crispy texture of the chicken and the flavor that makes here "crave" the dish enough to have to make a trip to the restaurant. While others at the table asked for "to go" boxes at the end of the meal to take home what was left of their large portions, my friend had cleaned her plate.

My Pad Thai was excellent. Exactly what I expected, right on the mark.

The restaurant itself is what you could call "intimate," not overly large. Decor is sophisticated and colors are muted. Service is so good you can be guilty of not noticing that everything is taken care of before you can ask. All in all, a class act. This was my first visit and I will be sure to go back.

• Visited October 2013

Woodstock, Georgia
“Good food if you have time to wait.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have dined at Thai Emerald several times in the past few years. The food is consistent and moderately priced. There is a large patio for outdoor dining. The only issue is slow service every time. Plan to wait 20-30 minutes to have your order taken and 45 minutes to get your meal.

• Visited September 2013
Decatur
“Neighborhood gem”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with family (party of 10) for birthday party; first time a restaurant. Great selection of items. Not well versed Thai cuisine so not familiar with what a "good/extensive selection" would look like... Had sea bass with green curry sauce and my wife had fried duck with the pineapple fried rice. I tasted another dish - chicken coated with cashews then fried - very nice. Already anticipating return to this neighborhood gem. Priced average and service good for party of 10.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dragonmed
Canton, Georgia
“Good Thai”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very nice and clean restaurant. Nice staff. A little pricey for lunch. Good thai food. Not as good as I was expecting from all of the other reviews. I have never been able to find another Panang curry that lives up to my favorite from another restaurant. It changed owners and they changed the recipe and since I have been on a search for one as good!

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“WOW!! Fresh traditional Thai done right”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We truly enjoyed a fantastic Thai meal here with friends. Everyone was very pleased with both the their entrees. The heat level was appropriate for how the dishes were ordered and the larb was some of the best we have had in years. The basil rolls while extremely fresh needed a larger shrimp to provide the right balance of flavor. This was the only negative we could find in all the items the group ordered. The layering of flavors was done wonderfully which is where most fail. Not sure why we have not frequented this place but it is now our favorite Thai restaurant in Roswell.

• Visited August 2013