“Studio 6 Roswell Stay”

Studio 6 Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I Stay At the Studio 6 Roswell Location all the time on my business travel, I have never had a bad encounter their. The police officers are always present and I believe I over heard someone say that the office always have issues getting guest to pay. Then across the street at a nearby store locals hang out I guest trying to pick up odd jobs. The rooms and staff and Management has always been friendly and nice to me. The rooms are always clean and smells fresh. I do see negative comments on this site however those maybe from the guest that may have been evicted because of other issue on the location. I don't understand why some guest do yell at the front desk and management.....Overall a great place to stay, I believe that you will be treated fairly if you give back the same in return. I work for a Marketing Firm, and sometimes the customers feel they are always right, so yes the Hotel staff and Management do get blame, if things don't go the way the customer wants.......Great Location!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I live in the Atlanta area and was in between places to live as my new place was not yet vacated. I chose this place for it's location convenience. I moved in on a weekly stay rate on 1/16/13 in the afternoon. I did not need a shower that day. The next day I awoke and ran some errands and worked out and then came back to my room to shower before heading into work. I was running behind so I couldn't deal with what I found when I pulled back my shower curtain. The tub had mildew EVERYWHERE, the tub itself had not been cleaned either as soap scum lined the tub, the shower curtain had mold along the bottom (which was inside the shower so not something you see until you pull it back to enter the shower tub) and there were multiple pubic hairs on the shower walls. The next morning I made this aware to the front desk and was told the GM was offsite. She did call me when she came back and apologized as well as to assure me that this would be cleaned and that she was comping 1 night's stay for me. When I returned the room was cleaned and a new shower curtain was hung and the shower was cleaned as well. The room was much better and no cleaning product smells were in the room (I will write about that shortly). I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years off an on since high school. I have worked at hotels and I know what the industry standards are for guest service and cleanliness are to be at on a property.

The week went by without any other incidents. I decided to re-up the following week since the matter was handled and I had a 1 day comp coming to me. I did so and their cleaning days are Monday and Wednesday. Since my place was cleaned the previous Friday I declined service the following week as I had enough towels and my sheets were fine. The following Wednesday after that I decided to vacate as the price was more than I needed to pay and they give no discount for multiple week stays. I was looking at other places and picked one that met my criteria. I went there and the room was nasty so I said no and went back to Studio 6 because I felt since they had handled the situation I would give them my business again. I received the same exact room number as I was in the last 2 weeks. I was running late to work and so I quickly took my things in and changed to go to work. When I first opened the door the smell of bleach was so strong it smelled as if someone had spilled a gallon of bleach in the room somewhere. I quickly turned on the AC on high to bring in some kind of air while I was away for 10 hours at work.

When I returned it was still VERY strong. I had to open and close the door 20+ times in a fanning motion to get some fresh air in the room. Mind you this is late January and the temp at that time of night was in the mid 30s. I ended up locking myself out of my room while having to do this fanning. I called the night man and he came a few minutes later to the office and gave me a new key. I explained what happened and he said "well I hope you can get some sleep tonight." No mention of a new room and his eyes were so red it looked like he had smoked pot for days on end.

I had to leave the room multiple times that night to get fresh air. Mind you I am an asthmatic and when I was in bed I slept with the sheets over my face to act as a mask. The smell was so strong that I had a very hard time sleeping. I slept about 2 hours that night. I called Studio 6's 24 hours reservation number at around 3 AM to let someone know what was happening. The supervisor was very understanding but of course he couldn't do anything. He did give me a number for Guest Relations to call at 9AM and said call them first BEFORE I go down to the office and make a complaint. So that is what I did. I was tired, irritated and not in a pleasant mood by that time. Guest Relations had called the location and was on the phone with Sylvia the GM when I walked in. She immediately came out and was VERY DEFENSIVE towards me. Not apologizing instead blaming everything on me. ON ME THE PAYING GUEST???? "This is the first I have heard of this. Why didn't you call me first. The night man would have given you a room." I told her this is what YOUR COMPANY told me to do was to call Guest Relations first and that her night-man never offered and looked so stoned on drugs I just wanted to get away from him. Her reply was " I remember you now you complained 2 weeks ago about the shower. I am comping last night and you need to leave. This is not the right hotel for you." This is how their managers act towards paying guests.

Again since I work in the hospitality industry If I as a manager EVER ACTED THAT WAY TOWARDS A GUEST AT THE PLACES I WORKED I WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!

This is the worst guest relations I have ever seen. To make it worse when I called Guest Relations after I was told I had to leave they acted as though I was the bad guy because they have to back up the manager. To be transparent when I talked to her I was agitated and my tone was elevated. I NEVER YELLED, CURSED OR USED ANY DEMEANING LANGUAGE towards anyone. But yes my voice tone was elevated. Rightly so since I was put on the defensive by the manger and I had little sleep the night before. This is how they act towards their guests. I also contacted corporate HQ in Carrollton TX and got the same run around.

This company Motel 6 & Studio 6 has lost my business for life. This is unacceptable and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND anyone from staying at this property ever!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 19 December 2012

If it wasn't for the 5 roaches I had to kill daily, or the million of young kids walking around outside of your room to go do drugs behind the hotel, or the gas station next door with the same 20 illegals that stand out there ALL DAY LONG watching your every move, or the fact that I was followed by some strange man in a car while walking my dog, followed me in his car till I got to my door then parked and watched me walk in my room with NO cameras outside . You call the front desk bc you don't feel safe you get "oh, well uh... If it happens again call me". Oh awesome! So if it wasn't for ALL of that, I still wouldn't waste my freaking time. Such a horrible place! I didn't feel safe what so ever, I didn't even want to leave my room! They get a HUGE A+ on how much of a crappy your hotel is! Avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Nonamejane
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Over priced, noisy, not a good area-drug dealers and prostitutes walking up and down streets. They call themselves "pet friendly" what a bunch of crap!! You have to keep your cat caged up the like its a freaking Bengal tiger otherwise they will ask you to leave. Managers need to learn some people skills, prisoners in jail get treated better. Don't waste your time or money at this place!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank disgruntled51
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I would have given this a better rating, but the wifi is $5 and is HORRIBLE. Also, had a non-smoking room that wreaked of smoke. Trying to close on a house, and transferred here from the other studio 6 in the area. I would stay here again, and felt safe and cars were ok. BUT...front desk staff were a little weird and 'argumentative'. Great stay for your money and for business...obviously not luxury. Get your business done and move on.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Dont expect too much as this place is very budget friendly. What u pay is what u get. Convenient access to freeway. Nothing fancy, can try once.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The management of this hotel do not give two figs about their customers. I stayed there for 9 nights, and the room was not cleaned once, despite their policy of one cleaning per week.

But the clincher for me...why I will never stay here again...I forgot a bag of dirty clothes and called about them. I was told they would hold them for 90 days. I came back within a month when in town for a night. I was told, I needed to make an appointment as only the manager had the key. I came back 3 weeks later (still within the 90 days) and was told the clothes were donated to Goodwill, that whoever said 90 days was wrong. I had 30 days to pick them up. Remember, I was there within the 30 days originally, but the manager was nowhere around.

This is by far the worst run location I have run into and they will never evr see my money again.

Room Tip: avoid this place...the y do not care about their customers