“French Twist”

Dining options: Breakfast
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“French Twist”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Located in an adorable little remodeled bungalow, this French breakfast-lunch restaurant offers a limited menu with (naturally) a French twist on every dish. The bakery is pricy and offers some beautifully prepared pastries. All the food is delicious, a charming lunch stop to share with friends.

Visited April 2013

“Great (and Surprising) Find!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This restaurant is in an old house on a busy stretch onf Alpharetta Highway, near the intersection of 140/Holcombe Bridge Road. It is in an old house and I've probably driven by a thousand times. I stopped with family on Saturday for lunch. The food was excellent. They have a wonderful selection of soups, sandwiches, salads, and breakfast items. We did not sample any of the pastries or desserts but they look wonderful. I will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We've been to this restaurants several times, always breakfast, and have never been disappointed. Everything is absolutely fresh and delicious. My favorite is their croque monsier (sp?). The coffee is superb. Service is very friendly but be allow for extra time when the place is busy.

Visited March 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Still loving this place!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is my second review of Douceur de France - I'm still coming here regularly and still loving it so much! I keep taking new friends to eat here, and they all end up loving it too! I was just here again last week with 2 new friends who were very impressed with the quality of the food and the atmosphere. It is a small restaurant so sometimes it can get crowded - especially at lunch time - but you can make reservations, which is nice. They are a bit pricey, but when you think of the deliciousness of the food and pastries, it is well worth it. I love their ratatouille and also the Tartine Corse, but I don't think anyone I've ever taken has had a bad meal - everything is delicious and well made. The service is fine. This is not a fast-food place, so if you go there relax, sit back and enjoy conversation with your companions. I've even gone there alone for breakfast with a good book to read while I eat. Their baguettes are just like the ones in France, and all their pastries are works of art. I love their various flavors of French macaroons. I'll continue to come here and to bring new friends! Oh - and they do catering as well .

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Yummy food and lots of variety”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

It's so nice to have some variety on a menu and especially when it's French cuisine and pastries. This is a great place for breakfast or lunch or a yummy pastry ... hard to choose with so many options. Today I had a cup of potato and leek soup, followed by the quiche of the day, with tomato and feta cheese. Both were very good. Of course I had to buy some cookies to go. I've eaten here when the place is very crowded and noisy. If you like a quiet atmosphere, get there early or not at peak meal times. It's definitely worth a trip; I hope to return soon.

• Visited March 2013