“Great Place - I feel bad for not giving it 5 stars”

Athens Greek Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 339 Restaurants in Roswell
Atlanta, GA
“Great Place - I feel bad for not giving it 5 stars”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

it takes an over the top restaurant to get 5 stars from me, but this place was excellent in every respect. 2 Adults and 2 kids everyone was hungry for something different so we opted for Greek. We ordered Musaka, spaghetti, hamburger and a gyro. Everything was very good to excellent (not the best hamburger I have every had, but the Greek fries were killer). While it is not table service - you order and pay at the counter, BUT they server the food at your table and wait on you like a full service restaurant. The portions were plentiful and the price was fair.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wandere1963

Roswell, Georgia
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have been coming here for years, but really haven't been in a while. Last night we decided to give it a try again, and were so glad we did! We ordered 2 Athens Specials and salad to go. There was enough food in those two orders for 4 adults! Everything was so good! While we waited for our order (which didn't take any time at all) we had a very pleasant conversation with one of the owners about Greek music, culture and food. He invited us to come to the Greek Festival in Atlanta this weekend and if we weren't already planning to be out of town, we would. Really, these guys could not be nicer, nor the food any better. AND it is very affordable! It doesn't look like much, but it is so worth stopping in to try.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Runner1st
Hotlanta
“The best eggplant in metro-Atlanta.”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I'm an Italian girl who loves eggplant. After 27 years in Atlanta - this is by far the best I've found. The warm eggplant sub (served on Tues and Fridays) is the only thing I've ever eaten here because once I tried it... I fell in love! This thing goes down the hatch in minutes because it is so delicious. I always have the Greek salad with tzatziki sauce along side my sub. That dressing is creamy yummy good. My friend always gets the Moussaka and loves it too.

This is a wonderful, friendly and hard working Greek family who aim to please and most certainly deserve your business. You will not be disappointed. They put their heart and soul into what they do - and you can taste it!

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful Inexpensive Greek Food”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We were referred here by a friend and what a great referral it was! Everything we had was great and judging by the amount of people there for lunch, it's no secret. Classic staples and a little Italian food is available as well. Can't believe we've lived here eight years and this was our first time to dine here.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank bfchef
Milton, Georgia
“Great gyro”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Probably one of the best gyros I've had in as long as I can remember. Lot's of meat, delicious pita bread, and all the tzatziki sauce you can want. My husband had the fries with his gyro and they were phenominal - steak fries with garlic and oregano seasoning. The lady at the counter couldn't have been more welcoming and the food was out in very short order. We were there for lunch and though there are several fast food places in the area, Athens seemed to be doing a steady business - young professionals, city staff, retired folks like us, service workers. Although the atmosphere could use some updating, it's very clean. I'd like to go back for dinner to try one of the dinner meals. Moussaka sounds good.

• Visited December 2012