“Nice Addition to the Area”
Review of Osteria Mattone

Osteria Mattone
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Mattone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 336 Restaurants in Roswell
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Osteria Mattone is a neighborhood restaurant serving regional Italian cuisine with a focus on Roman fare, combining the casual spirit of an osteria with the more formal dining of a trattoria. The restaurant's menu and dining rooms allow guests to choose how they'd like to dine: pizza and a Peroni in the Osteria or a three-course dinner in the trattoria.
“Nice Addition to the Area”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Italian is not usually my favorite but I really enjoyed this restaurant. We were seated promptly upon arriving. The décor was nice and our waitress was very good. My husband and I shared the risotto balls as an appetizer. They were really good. I had the butternut tortellini as a main course. It was delicious. My husband had a pasta dish (can't even remember which one) and a pizza. Both were good as well.

I think it is a worthy addition to the area and I would definitely go there again.

• Visited April 2014

Gainesville, Texas
“love it”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

great wine list, good food, friendly service. Location is fun. Would like a bigger menu but all was good

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“A little off this week”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My previous review of Osteria Mattone was a glowing one from a few months back. We have since returned twice and this third time presented a few challenges. The great thing I can say is that the serve staff (Julie) and the management team were all very accommodating and very attentive to the issues. Maybe it was just an "off" night...I hope so because we enjoy going there. The issues started with serving our appetizer without flatware. That was resolved in a somewhat timely fashion. The server was very anxious to help me to somewhat customize a dish for me. I wanted the pasta seafood dish with minimal tomato sauce and maybe some basil. When the dish came out, there was no seafood on it though the pasta was perfect. They gladly took the dish back to add the seafood but when it came back, the dish was just not good. The seafood didn't seem fresh and the pasta was now like glue. I could not eat it. At the same time, my husband had ordered another glass of wine which he hoped to drink while eating his swordfish. He did like his dish but by the time he received his wine, the meal was cool. The management offered to take my dish off the menu which was very nice but I told them it wasn't about that. I just wanted them to know that things seem to have changed since our last visit. The manager brought us a lovely appertif of Grappa to help to mend our evening which again was very appreciated. We will definitely try it again and hope that some of these things were just attributed to an "off" evening.

• Visited May 2014
Rome, Italy
“Best restaurant in Roswell”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have been to Osteria Mattone and we have been very satisfied. The restaurant is very nice as the atmosphere. Food was outstanding, real italian and absolutely tasty. The chef and co-owner Ted Lahey knows his job. He has a good knowlege of italian food and he knows how to mix together fresh ingredients. As appetizer i had carciofi alla romana, tipical roman dish, it surprised me, it was very good. As main course the grilled swordfish steak served with bell pepper, zucchini, golden raisin & pistachio, excellent. The wine list it's interesting, mostly italian wines. 8 different kinds of desserts very well done. The manager and the waiter have been very kind with us. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank steffys79
Atlanta, Georgia
“Sit in a garden for lunch”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Unlike the other restaurants with outdoor seating in the very desirable Roswell restaurant row, this dining is surrounded by bushes and huge oak trees. Recently opened for lunch, it offers only several items that are not dinner priced--pizza and sandwiches. We tried the grilled chicken and grilled mixed vegetable rolls. They were delicious served with homemade pita bread, arugula, and fries with cheese. They are determined that you have the best service in town.

Visited May 2014