“Love having Foundation Eatery OTP”

Foundation Social Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Foundation Social Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 334 Restaurants in Roswell
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Love having Foundation Eatery OTP”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am thrilled to have the caliber of restaurant that I frequent in Atlanta outside the perimeter (OTP). I met the general manager and he considered opening in Inman Park. How lucky are we who live near the GA400 corridor to have this gem. Looking forward to many more delicious meals.

1 Thank Kelley I

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW, SERVICE AND FOOD WAS BETTER THAN ANY AROUND”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

From walking in the door with the hostess's opening the door for us and giving us a warm welcome, to the bartenders. The Potato Gnocchi and the Octopus!! JUST WOW! We were sat and Zac took care of us. His knowledge is top notch and he had great suggestions. We listened to them...Great choices on wine and our dinner.

The General Manager, Rich, came by and checked on us a couple times and was really happy we were enjoying. He has a great laugh. He also held the door for us and welcomed us to come back soon. This place is a MUST if you live in Roswell, or any surrounding cities. Even if you live ITP.

1 Thank Margie K
Norcross, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh & Delicious”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My mom and I had dinner at FSE this evening and it was outstanding. Everything from the drinks to the food to the service was top notch. They make their own bread and you can tell they know what they're doing. Mom had the beet salad and mussels; I had the grouper. The portions are on the smaller side but it's nice to leave a restaurant without half my meal in a box for a change. Our server was delightful. Highly recommended.

1 Thank kellyfryan
Atlanta
“Broaden your palate in Roswell”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I visited Foundation for a second time last month for a special occasion meal for my sister's retirement. Knowing she has excellent taste and is soon to move to THE big city, I wanted to take her somewhere different for her retirement dinner. I must say, our second visit was even better than our first. Even before we reached the door, it was opened for us by a gracious hostess who greeted us warmly. The bartender was quick, attentive and when I told him how I liked my lemon drop, he nodded in agreement and my drink turned out perfect - not too sweet, not too sour. Most bartenders can't seem to find the right balance in a lemon drop, but my guy did. What a nice start to a special meal.

The decor at this restaurant is light, clean and airy. I found it refreshing for this side of town.

Our server Rachael, was well versed in the menu, even though she was bone thin :) and didn't look like the type who loves to eat (like me). She seemed to know her stuff when it came to the food. For starters, I chose the cheese plate that I had last time because it was very good. My husband had the shrimp because it just sounded lovely. My sister had the octopus, which, frankly, I never in a million years would have ordered because I'm not that adventurous. However, that octopus, especially the sauce it was in, was really amazing. It was garlicky and great for bread dipping. So glad Rachael talked it up. By the way, their bread is amazing (although I hate it when restaurants make you pay for bread). The butter with the bread was quite good and I usually skip the butter on bread, but not at this place.

For my entree', I had the salmon which sounded interesting and was, no doubt, one of the best salmons I've ever had (and I've had a boatload of salmon over the years). I know many people are bored with salmon, but this piece was about as perfect as a filet could be -- crispy on the outside, not over done inside and served on a wonderful green sauce. I loved it! My sister chose the scallops because I recommended them as I had them on my first visit. They were lovely, light and delicate. My husband had the sausage. I rarely eat sausage, but it was pretty darn tasty.

I should mention that I had a Sauvignon Blanc with my starter that was impressive. I never order Sauvignons because when it comes to whites, I'm pretty much a California Chardonnay girl, but it was so good, I will mention the name - Quivera. My sister recommended it and, given the season and the heat that night, it matched fantastically with the appetizers. Crisp, a tad green yet bold. Clearly a before dinner/appetizer wine.

The wine I chose with my salmon was, no surprise, a Chardonnay. I noticed on their menu, like so many restaurants these days, that Chardonnays seem to be a thing of the past. Well, as I stated above, I swear by California Chardonnays, at least with my entree, especially if it's a big fish like salmon. Rachael and I went back and forth, since their Chardonnays are limited, but like the Sauvignon, she brought me a taste, and it was just the right amount of fullness and oak (yes, I said it - I love oak) that I like with my meal. So, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the name of this Chardonnay - Cypress. I had never heard of this, so it was a nice try. Granted, it wasn't the best Chardonnay I've ever had (not that I was expecting the best), but given that this was about the only Chardonnay they had by the glass, I found it quite a nice match with my salmon.

I didn't have dessert the first time I visited this place, but given the occasion, I felt compelled to order dessert this night. Be forewarned, their desserts aren't your traditional, run of the mill sounding sweets, so for a person who does like her desserts on the simple side, I had trouble deciding. Again, Rachael was a big help. I ordered the custard with cherries because I knew my husband would share since he likes anything that looks or sounds like flan. We also ordered what sounded like a crazy, mixed bag of flavors - chocolate, caramel, orange and more (I lost count) only because, again, it was a unique occasion, so I wanted my sis to have something special. Fortunately, the wild sounding dessert was not some two pound heavy, chocolatey drizzly mess, but actually a surprisingly delicate balance of rich, but not too heavy, flavors. No doubt, the pastry chef knew what he/she was doing. I found myself wishing I had ordered an espresso so I could toss that lovely orange peel topping my dessert into the strong brew - what a great end that would be to an excellent meal!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LTKING
Atlanta, Georgia
“Neighborhood favorite - OTP”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I discovered FSE about a month ago and I've returned three times since with family and friends. The food is wonderful with something for everyone. So far my favorite item has been the mushroom ravioli - it is truly to die for! The scallops, salmon and house made pappardelle pasta were all excellent. The prices are reasonable and the staff is terrific, very knowledgeable and they go out of their way to please. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014