“Travel blues became a welcomed experience”

Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I found the location fairly easy! What started out to be a disappointment was rapidly turned around by the front desk! Thank you so much for your outstanding customer service! I would not only recommend this location but would return!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Mahogany073
Roswell Suites H, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking out time to review us. We really appreciate your feedback and candid comments. It will be shared with our Front Desk team. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you again! Best Wishes!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I would have no problem staying again at this hotel, but my experience was not as good as my previous visits. My "suite" had a space for a mini-fridge, but there was no such device installed. The bed was right next to the wall-mounted heating unit, resulting in blast of hot air directly at my body each time it kicked on during the night (we were double so I could not just use the other side of the bed).

It was an interesting choice to go with a laminate floor in half of the floor plan. Because the room was cold when I arrived in December, perhaps unoccupied a day or more, the floor was quite cold on my feet until the next morning. I could not wear shoes in the room without the laminate causing a squeak with each step, which was awkward when my spouse was sleeping at the time.

On the bright side, the location remains good. Convenient to the freeway, and in the parking lot of Peachtree Diner which is a great place for meals and deserts. I like having a drug store next door.

Rooms and public areas were perfectly clean. Bed is above average for this price range.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking out time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for not having met your expectations. We recently renovated the property in Jan.2013 with a combination of wooden/carpet floors. It was done taking into consideration for guests with allergies and to provide a more hygienic environment. Our front Desk Agent would have been glad to move you to a room with only carpeted floor. We do not have micro wave and refrigerators in all the rooms. They are made available upon request hence we have the cabinets installed for that. Again, we thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.Best Wishes

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I checked into this property 1/9/14 for 4 nights, having stayed at this place years ago when it was
part of a national chain,i.e,, BW. Inasmuch as my wife has severe spinal problems, I had requested a handicap-accessible room.We reached this property about 8 PM , after traveling by car over 400 miles in rainy conditions.
We were, naturally, tired and ready for a comfortable nights sleep.

After checking in, we went to our assigned room; it was an icebox.I immediately turned on the window heating
apparatus, raising the thermostat to it's highest level, 95 degrees.The heat that came out was negligible.
I called the front desk for help and more blankets; a maintenance man brought additional blankets, check the heating system and informed us it was in need of repair.We should have at that time accepted their offer to
transfer to an ' upgrade' at another adjacent property, a Holiday Inn, which I later found out was also owned by the same management at the RS.We declined, inasmuch as it was raining fairly heavily and I didn't want to take all of our luggage and reload my car, unload it at the HI.

We also looked for a closet to hang our garment bags; there was NONE !We had to use a hook projecting from a wall mirror. We were informed that the property was undergoing rehab & that they would install a garment hanging bar with clothes hangers, which they did the next day while we away from the room.

During the first night, with the heating system non-functioning, we slept miserably, relying on several layers of blankets; I slept with thermal socks on.

As my wife wanted to shower the next morning, and we were supposedly in a handicapped-accessible room,
(#212), I preceded her for my shower.Not only were there was no tray in the shower stall to hold a bar of soap
or a bottle of shampoo ( which items I placed on the floor of the stall ) ,but the curtain drape surrounding the shower area did little in the way of keeping the water from flooding the rest of the bathroom.It took most of the
remaining towels to absorb the excess floor water. I left one large bath towel for my wife's use.
I then checked out the shower bench; again, non-functional.It was impossible to adjust the bench to a level position. If a person tried to sit on this bench, they would slide right off onto the floor of the shower stall.I advised my wife that she should use the shower standing upright, which she managed to do.How a wheelchair-bound person would be able to use this shower is beyond my comprehension .

I addressed these concerns with the property owner on a night prior to our departure, requesting a discount
from the reservation-confirmed price; all I received was a mere 10% for all of our grief.

The problem at this property is that they rent out rooms without checking and re-checking all
amenities after so-called rehabilitation. They seemingly do not have the best interests of their guests in
assigning rooms.We

We WILL NEVER STAY at this property in any future visit to Roswell , and we plan to be in that city in May 2014.

Our strong recommendation to visitors to this area...FIND SOME OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS !!

In my business career as a traveling salesperson, and in our own personal vacation trips by car, traveling in

44 of the lower 48 USA states, plus 3 provinces in Canada , only a motel on the Nevada/ Utah border

slightly edged out the Roswell Suites for #1 spot in the List of All-Time Worst experiences .

Roswell Suites are BAD NEWS !!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Herbert L
Roswell Suites H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We are disappointed to learn that your stay was disrupted due to issues with the room. While we do sincerely apologize for not having met your expectations we would also like to point out that we had made every effort possible right from our front Desk employee who called you after you checked in, to assist you to move to another room or another property after finding out that you didn't like the room you were checked into. We had offered to assist you in transporting your luggage to our sister hotel next door. Our Maintenance staff checked on the heat the first night right after you checked in and confirmed with you before he left your room and made sure you were comfortable with the temperature.Our General Manager personally called the next day to speak with you to make sure you were comfortable but you indicated you were absolutely fine.It is little interesting that your thoughts/dissatisfaction expressed for our hotel are almost similar for another property that you have reviewed before.
It wasn't before you threatened the hotel and the staff that you will not move to another room/hotel but instead write a review on TripAdvisor that we would not want to see. It is disappointing to learn that after making every effort to help you make your stay better and comfortable you were still expecting a comped stay and were not happy with the resolution offered.We want our guests to feel at home and be happy when they leave and that is visible in our reviews. We strive hard each day to meet the goal to keep our guests happy and are disheartened when someone tries to portray a completely different picture.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I had business trip to the Atlanta area for a meeting. We wanted to find a hotel near our business meeting location that was not overpriced. We found that at Roswell Suites.
Very clean property; good breakfast; accommodating staff. The property is older, but has been renovated. One suggestion is to request a room on the South side and away from busy Holcomb Bridge traffic. That was the only drawback.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NCgrammy

Thank you for taking out time tor review us here. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with and look forward to welcoming you again at our property. Best wishes!

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after visiting Blue Ridge,GA. The room, std king, was very nice. The room was clean and the renovations and upgrades for decor were just that-upgrades. Flat screen tv, laminate wood look flooring, bathroom vanity...etc. Found it odd there was no door or curtain partition for closet area but not a big deal. I would stay here again for sure. It was nice and quiet and that's just what I was hoping for.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank pebb1125

Thank you so much for taking out time to review us here.We really appreciate your candid comments and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the new renovations. We love the pictures of the rooms and your positive feedback will be shared with our Front Desk. We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit. Best Wishes until then.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

After looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor, I thought I would give the hotel a chance. I was happy with the accommodations, breakfast was good, not outstanding but it's typical fare. We had a non-working coffee pot and it was replaced by the next morning. The rooms were clean and I say rooms because I reserved two. One room was a 2x queen and the other was a 1x king with a sofa. The rooms had a setup for a refrigerator but no fridge. That would have really been nice but no such luck -- figured at that price I would be asking too much. The only "complaint" would be the hallway had a funny smell which I could only contribute to a warmer than should be hallway and possibly the new carpet--which was kind of nice! There was no vending/ice machine on our floor so you had to go to the ground floor to fill your ice bucket or buy sodas. It's within walking distance of a CVS pharmacy, Olive Garden and Peachtree Cafe which was excellent. I would reserve again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room away from elevator...seemed to be on the loud side.