“Best Little Sushi Place Around”

Tanaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 340 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Fabulous and fresh!! I have been going to Tanaka for many years and the quality of fresh food and good service has not changed!

There are newer reviews for Tanaka Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Not going to go verbose here: Food - Excellent, Service - Excellent, clean and friendly.
Yes, yes, and yes.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was a first date. But, I was actually more there for the food. Sorry Miss (name withheld). I will gladly drive from Woodstock, Ga to Roswell in a heartbeat to eat here. To me a Sushi place has to get the basics some may say is fresh fish. Fresh fish important eating Sashimi like I do most times. But really the basics for me is the rice. If the rice is not done well, then I usually don't return to the restaurant. Proper rice cooking and seasoning takes several years to learn for a reason. And, this chef is definitely on point. The rice here is outstanding. The fish quality also excellent. The location is an indistinct strip mall. If you blink you may drive right past it. It is not a large place either so it fills up quickly around dinner time. They have traditional cooked Japanese dishes that are also good. I have tried the pork cutlet, very tasty. But to me this is by far my favorite sushi restaurant in Atlanta.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Excellent quality and variety. To me and my husband, they singularly have the best miso soup and ginger salad dressing! Best california rolls too. Love the dipping sauce for the tempura. Quiet atmosphere...actually decent for a date. Good for families too. Two suggestions: 1) feel they should use normal sized wine glasses (I never order wine because the prices are not reflective of the small pour you are given) and 2) apparently they aren't serving chicken breast at dinner for the chicken teriyaki which we would prefer.

1  Thank redatl
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I read a few of the reviews of the Sushi restaurants around the Alpharetta/Roswell area. This one looked like the best and it lived up to its rating.

My wife and I ordered a few different rolls and every one of them was phenomenal. The prices were reasonable as well. Service was great. I just cannot say enough good things about our experience. We have found our new favorite sushi restaurant.

Just because it is small and at the back of a retail strip, do not let the “hole in the wall” appearance fool you.