“Friendly, very nice hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here for business. The hotel is conveniently close to the freeway. I arrived very late and the staff was very welcoming. My room was far from the elevator so it was very quiet. The room was very clean, large and the bed very comfortable. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. They also recycle which is nice touch. Breakfast was included and had a variety of hot/cold dishes. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Crazycruiser59
There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Good rooms for the price with Hilton Honors weekend rate. Super small bathrooms. Beds a little soft. But why do you have to pay $3 for coffee in the lobby? A little much. But a good value none the less.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel is convenient to the highway and a good value. The food was tasty at the hotel restaurant and a breakfast buffet was available. Our room was quiet and the beds were quite comfortable. Overall this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Pros: Quiet, clean, friendly staff. Excellent linen quality.

Cons: Breakfast could have been better.

I stayed here on business in July of 2012. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel! The front desk was quick, efficient, and friendly. The room was spotless and maintained very nicely throughout my stay.

Breakfast was included in our corporate rate, but I don't think it's worth the $11 they charge. The selection was very nice, but the quality was subpar.

We paid around $120/night through a corporate rate. This hotel is a great value for the money. I'd be concerned, however, if I had to pay the listed rates which start in the mid $160's per night.

I'd stay here again for business travel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank aww3583
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The front desk staff proved to be rude and Un-attentive. At least one, as he emerged from behind the pillar where he was munching on wings, sanitized the bar-b-cue sauce off his fingers prior to waiting on me. My in-laws may never recover from a call from the front desk trying to get them to move to another room two hours prior to thier Grandsons wedding.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have stayed both here and at the Marriott Courtyard when visiting family in Roswell. This is a touch more upscale. This would be my choice if going to a wedding or if you want to invite someone for a drink, or even dinner, at the hotel. The pool and pool area are pretty small. Also, there's no free breakfast and the buffet costs $14.

There's a Waffle House right across Holcomb Bridge Road that's very nice.

Choose the Courtyard if you want to hang by the pool. Theirs is large and there's lots of area around the pool. But it's not at all fancy. Also, there's a Publix supermarket right nearby.

Room Tip: I would recommend the fourth floor or above. The King room includes a reading chair, which is quite...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late April, 2012 for a wedding we were attending. This is a really nice hotel, with great service.

We took the lowest cost room. It was spacious, clean, and had a pull out couch my daughter was able to sleep on (she came for just one night so we did not get a room with 2 beds). We received a free breakfast coupons as part of our stay, this may have been part of the deal the couple who were getting married negotiated. I don't know how readily they had out free coupons, but breakfasts were great. Outstanding buffet with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, and much more. There was also table service with waiters.

One of the other people there for the wedding had a problem with a dead battery in their door lock. Took maintenance about 20 minutes to get them into the room. The manager comped them for the room for one night and gave them a coupon for a free appitizer at the resturant. Not bad for a 20 minute inconvenience.

In needed some batteries for the mouse on my computer. They did not sell them, but they had maintenance bring me two batteries to my room at no charge.

The only thing that would have been nice would have been a indoor pool. Thay have an outdoor pool, it was warm, but the weather was a bit cool in April for us to use.

The hotel is about a 20 minute ride for downtown Atlanta (with no traffic), so if you are going back and forth to Atlanta it can be a bit inconvenient. Traffic in the Roswell area, especially on weekends is very bad. You may need 30 minutes to do a 3 mile trip. Keep this in mind if you are there for an event and must be there on time.

Room Tip: Great hotel, great service, very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast, but you may have to pay for i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta/North Point Mall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!