“Wow factor!”
Review of Ocean Lodge

Ocean Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I understand why this hotel was trip advisors travelers choice award winner for the last two years. Our flight was delayed plus our rental car GPS could not find the hotel address, so needless to say we were very tired when we arrived and we may have looked it because the owner took us straight up to our room and checked us in there! He was so helpful with my luggage and directed us to the restaurant. It was very comfortable and inviting which was just what we needed. We had a great meal the food was wonderful. We stayed in the penthouse which really is a beautiful and comfortable room with the best view! It was nice and quiet at night the bed very comfortable. An additional treat for us was watching the St. Simons Lighthouse light at night through the trees very neat. We sat on the patio listening to the ocean hit the rocks below very relaxing.

We felt like we just got there and had to leave but before we checked out we had a wonderful breakfast included in your stay, again very good and a nice variety, something for everyone.

The hotel is very inviting, wonderful helpful staff and beautiful surroundings. I wish we could have stayed another night! Would love to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I needed some R&R and I found this lovely inn. It takes you back in time, to a fantasy of Old World travel. The decor is remarkable, the location is laid-back and pleasant. The people are the best anywhere! The town of Saint Simons is lovely and nice, without all the hustle and bustle of touristy places like Orlando. If you are seeking some down time, with great surroundings and interesting places to visit, try Ocean Lodge/ Inn and Suites. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Ocean, you must stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our time, in spite of the windy but sunny weather conditions. I've wanted to go to SSI for years, and I am so happy that we found the Ocean Lodge. Both Jackie and Michelle were so helpful and friendly during our stay. We loved our suite and breakfast setting.Our only regret was that the Endless Pool took longer to heat up and then didn't work, but it was still fun and relaxing all the same.

We look forward to coming back.
Thanks-Karin and Don F

Room Tip: We liked being on the 4th floor near the pool and the good views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my fifth visit to the Ocean Lodge. I never tire of the rooms. They are so beautiful, and, unique. Jackie, Michelle, and, Gloria, will make anyones’ day; a better one. The food is great. The rooms are always spotless; and, the beds are so comfortable; I bought one. My family lives on St Simon; so, when I visit them; I stay at the Ocean Lodge; because, they treat me like family; not, just a customer. Try it. You will love the experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank nojobbob
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Feb 15 visit.
This is a beautiful hotel with a lavish decor that is well suited for a couples getaway. We went with another couple who had visited the property once prior, for a two night stay and enjoyed two relaxing "slow start" days with a complete breakfast that included a choice of eight items, and you can have all of them if you like! We stayed on the fourth floor which afforded nice ocean views in spite of the fact that there are buildings between you and the ocean. I had been warned that that floor resonated noise from the bar and restaurant above and that held true. For that reason only, I would not stay in that area of the hotel again.
We had happy hour upon arrival Friday evening with drinks and appetizers at "half price" in the roof top restaurant. The food was reasonable but the main menu had changes since our friends previous stay so we decided to pass on dinner. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very attentive. For the next morning they made fresh scones to accompany our departing breakfast.
St Simonds is a beautiful island as well as Jekyll which is very close by.
I would recommend Ocean Lodge to those willing to pay a bit extra for luxury and tranquility with a great ocean view.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodiesandwinos
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed here the past weekend and I cried when we had to leave. I miss it still. This place was amazing. It has the WOW factor. I don't know where to begin. William was great with checking us in. Breakfast was great. Bed was extremely comfortable. A added value was the husband bathroom. I never even had to go in the master bathroom. TV was great. surround sound for movies. I simply don't understand how anyone can down this place. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The ocean lodge is an amazing place to stay. The people are so generous and kind. Mrs. Jackie and Mrs. Michelle oh what can I say ...you will just fall in love with there warm greetings and great hospitality. Thank yall for this amazing vacation definitely a home away from home

Love,

Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!