“Relaxing weekend escape”
Review of Ocean Lodge

Ocean Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Booked our stay during a promotional special Ocean Lodge was offering. From booking our trip, checking into the hotel, breakfast service & eventually checking out the staff was very helpful & accommodating. The breakfast that was offered was absolutely delicious. I'm still talking about the grits they served. Would stay there again!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The motif may be Mediterranean but the style is definitely Southern. The facility is filled with phenomenal furnishings with all of the modern amenities one would expect of a hotel of this stature....the Swimmers Pool, the work out room, the spectacular views from the Roof Top Restaurant, and beautiful furnishings. The staff remembers your name after a short stay and is glad to see you every time you reappear at the Hotel with shear Southern Hospitality. It was a very relaxing experience. I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

You can not put into words the experience of staying at this Gorgeous Lodge. This is a truly must see to believe experience. Once the rooms are booked you are hooked. This is the best place we have ever stayed in from all the way from Key West to St. Simons.

Room Tip: A little tip , room 401 was the best and it appears to be the same room as the Penthouse but one flo...
3  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We visited in August 2013 for our 25th Anniversary and didn't want to leave. We chose the Lodge because the suites looked so luxurious and romantic - we were not disappointed! They are very spacious and absolutely gorgeous. The beds and pillows are sooo comfy that you don't want to get up but you do because the breakfast is out of this world! They serve the best grits I have ever tasted! The morning light through the windows in the breakfast room, and the plush cushioned chairs are a perfect way to start the day. Our first night, we went to the Rooftop for dinner and sat there for hours enjoying the view and the ocean breeze. The food was excellent, as was the service. Everyone there is so friendly. We also enjoyed relaxing on our huge balcony with comfy chairs and beautiful Tuscan decor. The location is convenient to everything and St. Simons Island was a gracious, relaxed place to take some time off. We definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: Rooms ending in "01" are furthest from the restaurant and have bedroom on ocean side
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After an enjoyable weekend in 2012 we couldn't wait to return. Our trip was the end of July 2013.

The suites are magnificent, beautifully decorated, comfortable with everything you could ask for including a full size fridge. The bed is so magnificent you won't want to leave it!

Even better than the suite is the service. The Ocean Lodge staff are more like a B&B staff. They remembered us from our earlier trip. Everyone from the Innkeeper to the breakfast waitresses were warm and friendly. You couldn't dream of a more welcoming group.

We will be returning this fall -- the Ocean Lodge just draws you back with fabulous suites and outstanding service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Arrived for a quick drink at the Full Moon Party planning to head to Savannah... Had an amazing dinner and spontaneously decided to stay for the night. Will stand out as my favorite trip to St. Simons!

1  Thank planesmart
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I just returned from what he said was one of the best surprise birthday gifts ever, a trip to St. Simeons Island enjoying five days at the Ocean Lodge. We had a wonderful time at the Ocean Lodge during our first visit to St. Simons Island. The lodge is beautiful, warm and inviting. The art throughout the lodge as well as in our room (301) is fabulous. The decor and the amenities leave nothing to be desired. I loved the bath gels and lotions, the scent was perfect! We slept soooo good, the beds were perfect, you just snuggled into these huge soft pillows and the rest was history. The balcony was wonderful, it was also huge. They really do know how to do things BIG at OL.

The morning complimentary breakfast was delicious each day. My husband a Grits eater said the Grits were some of the best he's had. Michelle, Gloria and Suzanne went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and more while dinning. I'm not a coffee drinker but indulged every morning because it was some of the smoothest tasting coffee I've had in a while.

All of the people at Ocean Lodge are amazing, starting with Joe, the owner, all the way to the parking lot attendants. It's very nice when you have employees that truly represent the establishment. We felt like we were reuniting with old-time friends.

The rooftop restaurant provides a great atmosphere whether you're there for a romantic dinner, afternoon lunch or dinner party. Seeing the full moon rise over the water was a stunning site. The food was very good, my favorite appetizer were the egg-rolls. What I wouldn't have given to take some of those home frozen for me to cook on my home turf!

Hats off to Joe, Joann, William, Suzanne, Michelle and Gloria, what a great group of people! I also met some awesome people at the Rooftop Restaurant, I certainly don't want to leave them out!

I highly recommend Ocean Lodge and will definitely look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I loved my room 301 but would like to experience the penthouse suite on my next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!