“A relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Acworth, GA
“A relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

The Ocean Lodge was a fantastic escape from the everyday! Our favorite way to relax was to lounge on the sundeck at the top of the hotel -- there was a wonderful crossbreeze even on the hottest day. The staff was attentive but not intrusive, and they made sure we enjoyed our stay and had everything we needed. We would definitely go back!

• Liked — The sundeck
  • Disliked — Sparse beach access
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tripsralwaysfun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Lawrenceville, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

You are wowed as soon as you arrive, the lobby provides you the welcome to a first class reception. The staff was perfectly accommodating, met me at the car and delivered my luggage to my room. Rooms are almost better than being at home, full kitchen, 2 baths, 2 flat screens with dvd, wifi, and the most comfortable bed I have slept in away from home. Breakfast is top notch with choices to please even me. Will definitely reccomend.

• Liked — Location and quality of facility
  • Disliked — What's not to like
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davis53
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

I just got back and I already can't wait to go again! This will be where my wife and I spend our summer vacations from now on. This is a very classy and well run world-class establishment. Great food, terrific views and very attentive staff. I used to think you would have to go to Europe to experience such luxury and service, but here it is right in my own backyard. Even if you aren't relatively close by in Atlanta like I am, I highly recommend you get in your car or book a flight now and enjoy The Ocean Lodge.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulMuadib
carrie714
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

My husband and I just recently returned from the Ocean Lodge. I have already recommended the resort to friends and family and we plan on returning next year. The resort itself is exquisite with the decor and the setting. The staff was very cordial catering to making our stay wonderful. I do have to mention that the chef was fabulous. The breakfast was superb every morning. We also hosted a dinner on the patio. The chef provided a dinner that was the best I had on the island.

• Liked — the view and the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank carrie714
Sea Island, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

I am sorry to honestly say that we wouldn’t return to the Ocean Lodge. The stuff is very unprofessional and slow. The Management was the worst I have ever seen. The General Manager seems much stressed out and has no Customer skills at all; she was very rude and short after checking us in.
The Kitchen which is viewable from the front desk was very dirty and smelled very badly, not to mention the terrible Breakfast they served us.
The entire experience was very disappointing to me and my wife. Don’t get me wrong the Location is excellent, the view from the Roof top is breathtaking but like I mentioned before it is worth nothing without the right Management. We happe

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — the Unprofessional stuff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank TerenceMSSI
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

Words cannot describe the splendor of Ocean Lodge on St. Simons Island. My friends and I just returned from our annual "girl" trip and we have to rank this one as our all time favorite as we felt like Queens in the accommodations. We shared 2 adjoining suites which were furnished lavishly with king beds, 2 baths per suite (one with the largest whirlpool tub I've ever seen) flat screen TV, full kitchens (not that we cooked!), large work area for computer use and writing post cards, and verdandas with ocean views and breezes. We utilized the verandas each morning as we enjoyed our coffee and planned our days. The decor is opulent with rich oil paintings, bold bed frames and exquisite hand painted ceilings and trim work, but it is also very inviting and warm. We felt right at home!
We were on the 4th floor which made it only a stroll down the exterior corridor to the gym, outside endless pool and sunning deck. The endless pool also has jacuzzi jets and is very nice after a day of bicycling around the island. The bicycles are provided by Ocean Lodge for a leisurely ride around the island or into the village for lunch or dinner. The location is great since it is only blocks to the village.
We were also spoiled with luxuriant robes and nightly turn down service.
The top floor is a grand meeting and reception area with interior and exterior seating. I understand that weddings are being held in the courtyard, but a beach wedding ceremony would only be a few steps away from a fabulous reception area.
Breakfast is served on the first level with interior and exterior seating as well and you can read your morning paper and socialize in the lush lobby.
The professional staff bent over backwards to answer every question and provide us with all our needs. We will be returning to Ocean Lodge on St. Simons Island!

• Liked — The atmosphere of grandeur
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank 7Flamingo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2008

We have just recently returned from the Ocean Lodge and it exceeded our highest expectations. The facility is absolutely gorgeous. The craftsmanship and details throughout the hotel are extraordinary. My suite was one of the nicest and largest rooms I've ever stayed in. From the amazing view and balcony, state of the art kitchen and bathrooms to the ornate living room, you will not be disappointed.

I have stayed in many nice hotels over the years and this facility, staff and experience ranks at the top. We chose the Ocean Lodge to host my daughters wedding and it could not have been a more perfect venue.

• Liked — The beautiful facility
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank SallyLivingston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#5 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#2 of 8 in Jekyll Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,166 reviews

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!