We stayed in one of the K&P houses last year (Christmas week 2013) and found it to be a wonderful experience. Our family stayed in the house and our friends stayed across the street in a hotel room. Everything was clean; the kitchen was well stocked and, even though it was Christmas week, housekeeping was on top of things w/ cleaning and fresh towels and extra packets of coffee. We especially enjoyed the beach access, the lovely swings on the patios and the gorgeous Christmas decorations throughout the facility--such a treat to enjoy the decorations and not have to decorate our own house. The two whirlpool baths in each of our two bathrooms were an appreciated luxury touch.
Our only glitch came at lunch on Christmas Day. Normally, K&P has a buffet, but because of extensive kitchen and dining room remodeling it was menu-only dining and the kitchen lost our order, much to the consternation of our server who apparently was not being well received the multiple times she went back to check. (The order got blown behind the stove by a fan the cooks were using.) It did take two hours to get us fed, but management comped the meal for our inconvenience and the experience did not mar our enjoyment of the day or of our trip. Seasoned travelers know things happen sometimes and the important thing is what management makes out of a bad event.
There is one odd thing: the swimming pool is in the lobby of the hotel. We did not care as we are not inclined to take a dip, but it did seem odd that it was there where people coming and going are walking around it and also, it meant that swimmers would have to drip their way back to their rooms to get showered and dressed. We didn't care, but I mention this only because families with children might not find this convenient.
We do plan to return this Christmas season and are taking other friends with us as well. (I would have given the K&P a 5-star rating except for the dining experience, but I think that was an isolated thing that would not happen to most people.) We are truly looking forward to enjoying this lovely facility again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic ocean front resort on St Simons Island, Georgia features 195 guest rooms in a variety of buildings, room decor and views, including two and three bedroom villas and resort residences. Resort amenities include five oceanfront pools, a challenging 18 hole golf course, massage therapy at the Royal Treatment Cottage, complimentary fitness center, oceanfront dining, two clay tennis courts, Wi-Fi (wireless) technology and the beautiful beachfront of the Golden Isles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel Saint Simons Island
- King And Prince Beach Hotel
- King Prince St Simons
- King And Prince Resort
- King And Prince Beach Resort