We were in the ocean front rooms right by the pools so the below applies to those rooms only.
THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW UP FRONT:
1. Hair dryer located on top of safe in closet
2. Large in-room safe (works by digital number pad)
3. Plenty of electrical outlets (be sure and check the base of the lamps, they have 1 or 2 plugs on them)
4. Coffee maker with (Starbucks regular and decaf, herbal and breakfast teas)
5. Comfortable beds
6. Large Flat screen TV
7. In-room refrigerator (it fits quite a few bottles of water and soda and I even squeezed a ½ gallon of milk in the door)
8. Amenities, shampoo, body lotion, conditioner, NO bath cap
9. Air conditioning worked very well and is adjustable
10. Ceiling fan
11. Sleeper sofa
12. Ice machine on floors 2 and 4 only
13. Soda and snack machines located near the entrance to the pool
14. No turn down service but excellent chocolates left when the room is cleaned
15. NO makeup mirror (I have to bring my own from home)
16. VERY DIM LIGHTING OVER MAKEUP VANITY
17. Large closet with hangers
18. Iron and Ironing board
19. Full length mirror
20. Makeup vanity area outside of the bathroom (stool is way too low – I had to sit on 2 pillows to be able to use the vanity properly)
21. Umbrella’s at the pool to provide shade (see discussion below for more information)
22. Extra pillow and blanked is located on the shelf in the closet.
23. Upper floors have a balcony with 2 chairs and a little table. The balcony is lighted and the switch is to the light is on the wall next to the desk.
24. Bottom floor has a walkout to the pool. It has a child safety gate from each room to access the pool.
25. Elevator is available to access floors 2 – 4. You can also use stairs on either side of the floors
26. Outdoor lunch area - they've added a patio area for additional seating for lunch service. The tables have umbrellas and the area is quite nice.
27. No microwave oven
28. Rain umbrella is provided and located in the closet
29. They offered activities for the children in the afternoon
1. One day our room did not get cleaned until late in the afternoon.
2. Our room was not available upon our arrival late in the afternoon
3. Seriously, STILL NO Makeup Mirror – What striving for 5-Star resort doesn’t have makeup mirrors in their rooms. According to the front desk, they had been requested by many guests who were coming for the meeting we were attending. I’ve written about and requested mirrors for 7 years now and still nothing! I still have to bring my own from home. King and Prince are you listening?!
4. BEWARE There are not enough umbrellas to go around. One day we left briefly to get a sandwich for lunch leaving our belongings on the chairs. When we returned our umbrella had been pilfered. Someone else requested an umbrella and the pool staff simply gave them ours. I complained and the staff found us another one (probably pilfered from someone else eating lunch). There is very little shade at the pool so the umbrellas are needed. This is however, a vast improvement from 7 years ago where they had no umbrellas and no shade. At that time I had to bring my own umbrella. Well at least I’m down to just bringing the lighted makeup mirror.
5. Last year the wait staff at the pool fell all over themselves to be of assistance. They were giving out cups with lemon and ice water to everyone. One day they even brought around free iced tea. I was always asked if I needed water or ice and the waiter was pleasant and helpful. However this year NOTHING. They had an ice water stand set up but it was a do it yourselfer.
6. There was an unkown stain on the blue decorative coverlet and there were stains on the carpet. Otherwise the mattress, mattress pad and other furniture were very clean. I completely checked this out to the point of pealing back the sheets to check out the mattress and mattress pad checking for bedbugs or stains.
NOW FOR SOME IMPROVEMENTS SINCE OUR LAST VISIT.
1. Over the winter they took out the indoor pool and added a very nice bar with booths and sitting areas. The entire lobby was redone and is beautiful.
2. They added more tables to the outdoor restaurant and added an outside bar where you can order takeout food. Nicely done!
CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THE HOTEL:
1. Be a sport and purchase more umbrellas. The guests are tired of fighting over them.
2. Please, Please put lighted makeup mirrors in the rooms and change out the stools to something height appropriate.
3. It would be nice to have a couple of bottles of FREE water in the refrigerator upon arrival.
4. Please put bath caps back in the bathrooms.
The room rates have been going up every year typically by $10 and they are going up again next year by $5 per day next year. After 7 years that adds up to quite a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic ocean front resort on St Simons Island, Georgia features 195 guest rooms in a variety of buildings, room decor and views, including two and three bedroom villas and resort residences. Resort amenities include five oceanfront pools, a challenging 18 hole golf course, massage therapy at the Royal Treatment Cottage, complimentary fitness center, oceanfront dining, two clay tennis courts, Wi-Fi (wireless) technology and the beautiful beachfront of the Golden Isles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King And Prince Beach And Golf Hotel Saint Simons Island
- King And Prince Beach Hotel
- King Prince St Simons
- King And Prince Resort
- King And Prince Beach Resort