“Little Ambiance but Great Oysters” 4 of 5 bubbles

Catch 228 Oyster Bar & Grill
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Catch 228 Oyster Bar & Grill on St. Simons IslandFeaturing Raw, Steamed, and Baked Oysters. Everyday from 4-6 PM 75 cent oysters. Also featuring Crab Legs as well as LOTS of other Seafood Offerings,soups, Salads,nonseafood, and MUCH MUCH MORE! Full Bar Available and Live Music
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Little Ambiance but Great Oysters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Even though the dining area of Catch 228 reminded me of the kitchen table, although they add brown paper table cloths, the selection and quality of the oysters was excellent!

Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We are at Catch 228 on a recent trip to St Simons and sat outside on the patio. Our service was terrible. While my husbands food was at least edible, it still wasn't good at all. My food wasn't even edible. Don't waste your time here when there are so many other places on the island.

“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I went here simply because we were looking for a low country boil. We were not disappointed! It was delicious and the wait staff was prompt and friendly. The pricing was very reasonable ($10.99 for our entree). Definitely recommend it!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Genie I
Evans, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had the crab cakes as an appetizer and the Low Country Boil with crab legs! I highly recommend this restaurant. Our server was attentive and I was really surprised at how quickly our food came. We enjoyed live music on the patio and had a wonderful evening.

• Visited July 2014
Clermont, Florida
“Freshest Oysters For Miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went there with some friends who live locally on the Island for a few beers and seafood...Grabbed a seat at the bar and everything was amazing...Freshest oysters on the half shell that I have eaten in years, Georgia Wild Caught Steamed Shrimp were awesome and the Ahi Tuna was as good as any I have had....Cold Beers and George who handles the bar and his fellow mates were there in advance of everything we requested....Found my newest favorite local spot when traveling in town....Conveniently located and priced right.....

• Visited July 2014