“They made a special occasion very special!”
Review of Halyards

Halyards
Reserve with OpenTable
Halyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frederica Road
Description: Halyards on St. Simons has been redefining Island Cuisine for 11 popular years. The Island's unrivaled see-and-be-seen dinner spot for locals who know and for coastal visitors who've heard that the Seared Tuna with a Plum Wine Reduction and the Prime N.Y. Strip with Soy Lime Butter will make your evening. That's not to say you should skip the Creamy Blue Crab Bisque or the nightly specials. The atmosphere is casually elegant (coozy lounge furniture in the courtyard and under the awning), the welcome warm (usually by name), the service crisp and attentive, the wine cellar vast (7 Wine Spectator Awards) and the comfortable bar hip and hopping. The menu is the brilliant handiwork of Chef/Owner Dave Snyder that changes nightly and is bold, creative and gloriously rewarding. To be sure you're pleased, Dave roams the front of the house for comments when he's not out fishing for your dinner. As you would expect at a restaurant of Halyards' caliber, reservations are a good idea.
Reviewed 23 December 2008

My wife and I dine at Halyards often (which is always outstanding), but had the opportunity to experience the restaurant's event/catering skills recently. Our family group gathered at Halyards for a luncheon to celebrate my new granddaughter's christening. Chef Dave Snyder and his team did a beautiful job in preparing and presenting a wonderful buffet which we enjoyed in the Halyards private dining room. Food was superb, the service was crisp and caring. Entrees were inventive and delicious, complemented by perfectly paired wines. From start to finish, and through every detail of the event, they did a masterful job. For dining in the restaurant or for catered events, we could not recommend Halyards more highly.

Vicki and Lawrence Certain
St. Simons Island, GA

3  Thank LHCERTAIN

Reviewed 20 December 2008

i am continually pleased whenever I return to St Simons Island with the quality of food and service that I have found to be the trademark of Halyards. I usually dine at the bar with freinds in the company of Maxi (Bartender) whom is always on top of things. A fine dining experience and the place to gather.

3  Thank JBS01
Reviewed 20 December 2008

Dave Snyder and his staff at Halyard's not only served excellent food for my wedding, but his staff was extremely professional and flexible for ALL my catering needs. Halyard's even catered various parties for me throughout my engagement as well as a brunch held for guests the day after the wedding! I definitely kept them busy and they were always helpful and accomodating! The food was exquisite and if you are looking for "high quality" or something to "wow your guests" you can definitely expect it from Halyard's. The price is reasonable (you definitely get what you pay for :) and they were always willing to work with my budget! I was extremely pleased with there services as it made for a fantastic and stress-free weekend!

6  Thank gadawg12
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I recently had Halyard's cater my wedding. I choose this restaurant because they have a reputation of being one of the best on St. Simons. When I went to the tasting I was confident in the quality of food and made to feel at ease. I asked how much food I needed to serve 125 people heavy hor'dourves and was told I had ordered enough and they would never let me run out of food. I had enough money in my budget to order more but was assured I did not need it. I RAN OUT OF FOOD. The food was gone before I even made it to the reception cite. Then I was given a quote for some additional labor which I approved. It was approximately $400.00. I gave my mother a blank check to pay the balance the night of the wedding. Big mistake. I was charged over $800.00!!! Afterwards I contacted Halyards to let them know the mix-up. I was told that was the amount of the quote. I informed them that I never approved that amount and approved a quote for $400.00 less. I then forwarded a copy of the e-mail the company sent to me with the updated quote (for $400.00). Then I was asked how I would like to be compensated. I asked for a refund of some of my money or comparable gift certificates. After MONTHS of no contact, I was told that I didn't order enough food, it was my fault for giving my mother a blank check and it was not in Halyard's best interest to compensate me. Needless to say this was a nightmare. I could have cooked the amount of food I had out there myself!! I was sorely disappointed and would not recommend this catering company to anyone!! I had multiple vendors on my wedding day and I had no problems with anyone else. Everything was wonderful except for this company!!! I have a close friend who helped me plan the wedding. She does wedding planning in her spare time and she did mine as a wedding gift to me. My friend arrived to the reception early and stated that the food was uncovered and there were flies swarming the food. She was appalled and said based on what she saw she would NEVER recommend this company to a couple planning their wedding. I gave one star based solely on the quality of food although I didn't eat any of it on my wedding day.

10  Thank gabride2b
Santiago1, Owner at Halyards, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2008

Since opening in 2000, Halyards' professionalism and integrity has been the foundation of growing business and community presence. Our credible crew excels in designing and implementing systems to create great experiences for both restaurant and catering guests. Such systems involve guests from inception to execution because each event is specifically designed for each guest to accomplish every goal that is defined. With confidence, your event will be created and run by a team with years of experience, knowledge, and a local reputation that will meet your needs and surpass your expectations.

Reviewed 16 September 2008

Great food, and wine. Very romantic.

2  Thank paragon1981