“Great Sunday Surprise!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 June 2014

While staying the night in nearby Brunswick, we ventured out for a quick Sunday morning breakfast on the water. Drove a quick 10 minutes to St Simons Island only to stumble upon Sandcastle Cafe. As we soon found out, it was a very popular place among the locals. Line was out the door when we left....
I had a great omelette, my wife had a croissant stuffed with eggs and bacon and cheese....Our waitress was full of energy and attention to our needs.
Highly recommended for service, food, and atmosphere. We will return..

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Sandcastle Cafe is in the village area next to the St. Simon's Island Pier with a local flavor, excellent seafood sandwiches & platters, good service, and very reasonable prices. The fresh flounder sandwich or platter is delicious and ample (available during season). Shrimp Po-boy is also excellent. Breakfast & lunch only - follow with stroll on pier to watch the fishing!! Not to be missed!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here because of the good reviews. Food was excellent and fresh. Staff was very friendly. We sat on the porch and it was a real nice atmosphere. The waitress was really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Try the shrimp salad sandwich or the grilled flounder sandwich! The creamy cucumber salad and the French fries are great! I had the 1/2 sandwich special and the amount of food was perfect.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were with a large tour group set free to find lunch in a relatively short time frame. We went to the Sandcastle Cafe on the recommendation of our tour guide. The restaurant was extremely busy but we didn't have to wait long. Service was fast and efficient. My husband had the fish sandwich. It included a huge piece of flounder that he deemed wonderful. People in our group also liked the crab cakes a lot. I loved the stir fried cabbage made with sesame oil and soy sauce. It was truly tasty and I can't wait to try and make it myself. The place has some interesting decor on the walls. I especially liked the shark with a leg hanging out of its mouth hanging over the entryway. It was definitely a good stop when on St. Simons Island.

2  Thank LAtraveler36542