“Good ol' breakfast buffet”

Sandcastle Cafe & Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We normally eat here every year for breakfast, and the buffet never disappoints. They carry a wide variety of breakfast items at the all-you-care-to-eat buffet and your buffet also comes with eggs cooked to order and your choice of pancake, waffle, or french toast. The only complaint I would have is that all of the servers and staff, while they were not rude to us, seemed miserable and had kind of snippy attitudes. Not sure if it was a bad day for everyone, but I left with the impression that the workers were not happy to be there.

1  Thank Emilee S

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ate lunch here during our visit to the island. My wife had the Hawaiian chicken and I had the roast beef. The portions are large and prices are on the reasonably high side. The service was good with a nice staff. The Hawaiian chicken was good but not the best she's ever had. My roast beef was not good or what I expected, it was cold deli style roast beef right out of the fridge. I would have expected this at a deli but not a cafe and grill where your food should be hot! It is in the menu section with all the other hot sandwiches. The fries were frozen and not even the decent frozen fries either. Disappointed but left full nonetheless.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Okay, I am a big breakfast fan when it is done right. If you get the buffet, it automatically comes with either pancakes or French toast, your choice. But from the sausage patties and links, to the hash browns, biscuits and gravy, and bacon, everything thing I got was the as good as anything I have ever eaten anywhere, including at home, and my wife is a dynamite cook! The orange juice was totally fresh, and the coffee was just a topper.

The ambience is not like a 5-star restaurant, and actually has a limited single row of tables the length of the building, but it feels like a place where they are interested in serving great food only. I ate so much that I literally skipped lunch and ate an early dinner. Guys....I highly recommend unless you are playing golf afterword. I guarantee you will eat too much to play well, and it costs just less than $10/person.

If we go back to SSI, this will be the one must-go restaurant on my itinerary.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are there on a Sunday afternoon. The blackened flounder was excellent. Very large portion as well. They also have some great sides that are healthy, such as fresh asparagus and tomatoes. For the island, their prices are very reasonable. We will be eating there again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had breakfast here (ordered off the menu). Really quite good. I watched them make the food rather than just pull it off the buffet. I had pigs in the blanket - quite a large portion and they sausage was tasty. The bill was really reasonable. Will go again.