“Excellent service & food”
Review of Frederica House

Frederica House
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My sister, my husband and I were recommended to go to this restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised. We all ate different seafood meals and we all thought our meals were excellent. Our service couldn't have been better.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had to wait quiet a long time
before finally getting seated which is fine because it usually means good food... However the service was poor... We sat for a long time before our order was taken and then waited over an hour to get our good... I ordered a seafood platter which costed $30 and was only enough to feed one peson... But the food was terrible.. The grouper tasted so terrible tht it was unedible and the oysters were horrible... Won't go back

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were looking for a place to get both seafood and steak and decided to try Frederica house. I have to say I was not at all impressed. I ordered very pricey grouper and it was crispy and tasteless, I've eaten fried grouper many times and it didn't even taste like grouper. The fries and hush puppies were good. My husband ordered a steak, and it was mostly fat, very little actual meat...although he said what little meat was there tasted good. His baked potato was cold, and the sprite he ordered tasted awful and he switched to sweet tea which was good. The service was ok, not what I would have expected in a restaurant this pricey. Would definitely not go back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This restaurant has a great feel to it even before you walk through the doorway. I loved the cabin feel to it and the smell of the wood as you approach the entrance. Upon entering, we were promptly greeted by friendly staff and seated. The waitress was very nice and offered suggestions. The food was excellent. We ordered a cup of the bisque and the stew and shared. The platters were yummy, and I liked how most dishes had cooking options (broiled, fried, blackened, etc.). This is a place you need to put on your list to try.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Every year a group of us from the Southeastern Writers Association eat here during our annual summer Workshop. This wonderful tradition wasn't wonderful at all as last night's dinner was not memorable for any of the right reasons to go to an expensive restaurant - food, service, and atmosphere. Our party of 9 arrived at the time of our reservation, we were seated and put our orders in and sat waiting on our food for 90 minutes. When it finally arrived, some orders were cold and others felt the salad dressing was too sour and, to make a bad situation worse our waitress never came back to ask how everything was. Not even to offer more water. Food taste was average, but one in our party found a piece of packaging in her black eyed peas. We politely brought this and the 90 minute wait from ordering to food arriving and his answer was to stare at the tiny foreign object on the tyne of her fork as if she put it there. His response to our long wait was "You have to expect that wait or more when you bring in a large party." His attitude toward the whole situation was to shift the blame on us. Despite the very tasty oysters and great hush puppies his attitude and lack of any offer (not even to the one with the piece of plastic in her peas!) meant he has seen the last of me or others in our group. In a former review I referred to Frederica House as old southern elegance. I was wrong Frederica House is just plain rude with no sense of what customer service means. I won't be back and recommend that you go eat somewhere that appreciates your business. Frederica House owners clearly do not.

2  Thank Tim H