“Great location”

Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Jacksonville, FL
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Overall, a very nice, quaint 32 room or so Inn. It needs updating. Our room had the "little things" wrong that are the details difference between good and great. Things like missing light switches, electric outlets falling out of the wall, a rather large hole in the seam of the bed spread, and not a balance of appropriate hangers in the wardrobe. The location was great, as was the front desk clerk for most of our 3 day stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Clemson
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed here one night in November, 2013 and my experience at this Inn was excellent!

Location, location, location! If you're visiting SSI for the lighthouse, food and shopping, then this is, by far, the best location to be. The Lighthouse is directly across the street. The pier is an easy walk as is the rest of the village, just a couple of blocks down an easy, non-busy road.

There is easy parking underneath the Inn so it's completely covered while you unpack and take either the stairs or elevator up to the main, 1st floor. The staff upon arrival were very friendly and helpful. They have complementary ice water with lemons in a fun dispenser at the main desk which I thought was neat. Plus it came in handy later when I realized I didn't have a bottle of water with me in my room!

The lobby is very comfortable. There is a TV seating area and also a good number of tables to eat breakfast in the mornings. Their breakfast choices were wonderful.

I stayed in a 1st Floor room (Room 114). All of the rooms at this Inn are decorated differently as they are owned by different people. My room had tile flooring, 2 Queen beds, lovely artwork and a calming color scheme. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the large TV console. The beds & bedding were comfortable. There's a separate chair and luggage rack. This room connects to another room as well.

The bathroom is small but nice. Large walk-in shower but a low-flow shower head. I don't like that but some people might. :) The track lighting at the sink was too dim for me to see to put my makeup on. The towels were big & fluffy! I always love that.

The room was very clean and neat upon arrival. The vending machine (ice & drinks) was just a couple of doors down.

I DID have what I believe was a small paranormal experience, but my family thinks I'm crazy so I won't go into that! What I WILL say is I spoke to two staff members, separately, who both have had "interesting" experiences at the Inn.

I'm SO glad my cousin found this place for me to stay! The price of the rooms during this time of the off-season are EXCELLENT. I would choose this Inn over anything else I've stayed at in the area, and that includes the King & Prince Resort. This Inn provides easy access to the most popular things on the island with the comforts of being at home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked this hotel for a four night stay during the PGA McGladrey golf tournament at Sea Island. We were very pleasantly surprized at what a great property it turned out to be. It is within easy walking distance to everything in the village (a block or two). The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. When I had to receive a fax for business I went to the main desk and they gave me their number. After I received the fax I asked them to fax something back for me. Then I asked them to put it on my bill. They just laughed and said that there was no charge for little extras like that. Certainly not the response you get in most hotels. The hotel had complementry wireless internet service in the lobby AND the rooms which was really easy to access and which worked really well. Also the complementary breakfast was really exceptional bakery pastries rather than grocery store pastries. The room was large and clean. This is a long review but I was really surprized at how nice our stay was in this property at this price point. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2013

First visit to St. Simon's and the Inn was in an excellent location, with walking access to the village and waterfront. We stayed in the Penthouse and the accommodations were unsurpassed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: For a romantic trip, the Penthouse is superb. It is the only room with a balcony on the front of the...
1 Thank Bill G
Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Clean, Clean ,Clean, Great Room with window looking out at the lighthouse, walking distance to the pier village shops and restaurants. Was only there 1 Night because we had to be in Florida the next day or we would have stayed longer.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a great experience at the inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They provided us with great suggestions for restaurants and things to do around the area. You can't beat the location: right by the lighthouse, the water, and many shops, bars and restaurants.

We splurged and stayed in the penthouse...it's worth it. As you might expect, it's a very nice room with an excellent view of the lighthouse, a balcony, a nice sitting area/wet bar, huge bathroom, and comfy bed. Each room is different, and we were able to see our friends' room which was also nice.

We hope to visit St. Simons again (perhaps with the kids this time), and will definitely stay here when that happens.

Room Tip: Each room is different, so you have your pick of what you like. The penthouse has a separate entranc...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My kids moved down to St. Simons a couple of years ago and since then we have stayed here. Never any place else. It's quaint, clean, the rooms are all decorated differently. When we stay it's like opening a box of Whitman chocolates and getting to choose your chocolate. We are always pleasantly surprised by the room we are in. The one last night was airy and beachy and the bed was VERY comfortable. There is a beautiful view of the Lighthouse across the street and you are within walking distance to the village shops and pier.

Room Tip: Room 211 has an awesome mattress on the bed, had a great night's sleep last night, but all the r...
1 Thank donna s
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Simons
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Simons
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island

Been to Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse? Share your experiences!