“Wondeful time”

Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I just spent 5 days the first week in August at this hotel and I must say that the staff made our stay great. When we had a problem with one of the rooms they immediately changed our room and refunded the night. Because of this we stayed another night. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, our room was cleaned by a very good staff, and the pool area was nice. I highly recommend this inn for a stay at St Simon, its not too far from all the activities and except to drive to Jekyll island and the beach we never used our car.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RussellZ52

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This quaint hotel is conveniently located next to the The Village and across the street from a fun water park for kids. We were disappointed to discover fleas in the beds in our room. (Which was not one allowing pets) When we brought this to the attention of the staff (twice) they were apologetic, but no effort was made to rectify the situation or ensure customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank PHCCCD
Tim F, Manager at Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I apologize that you had an issue with your stay. The Hotel was not made aware of the situation until after 5:00 P.M. the following evening. I called our pest control specialist and was told to do a white towel test on the floor. He informed me the if there are fleas they will be attracted to the white object on the floor. We did do the test and also fully inspected the white sheets on both beds, and found no sign of fleas. All this happen while you were out of the room, (between 5:30 and 6:00 P.M.). We did leave you a fresh stack of towels on the first bed in the room to let you know we had been in there.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Only spend one night on my way to Marco Island,what a nice little hotel.The staff at the F.O was wonderfull ,room #110 was very clean,very comfortable bed (king).Wi Fi reception was great .
Had a nice continental breakfast before leaving. I will be back.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank JLS53
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at Saint Simons Inn end of July and I highly recommend this hotel. It's small Inn with very comfortable rooms with a small kitchen which comes in handy. Staff is wonderful and very helpful. Great location so just a short walk to lots of restaurants, Pier etc. Just a few minutes drive to the beach. We rented a golf cart for a couple days and it's a fun way to get around the island. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go to their website to choose a room. They have pictures of rooms available so you know exactly wha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is centrally located to the pier, the lighthouse, restaurants, beaches and shops. Doesn't take long to get anywhere from here on the island. We enjoyed the hotel, nice large room with kpods for coffee, refrigerator, microwave. Nice large shower as well. King size bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was just that - nice assortment of cereals, sweet rolls, bagels and toast. Good coffee with variety of creamer flavors and OJ. Small but very well kept swimming pool, nice for a splash on a hot afternoon.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I like motels without carpet. This was more of a homey type place. Room was on the first floor.
It had an extra sink outside of the bathroom area which is always better. Room was big enough. Close by the lighthouse area and park, pier. The parking is TIGHTTTTT. I wish they could install a bit narrower support posts in the covered parking area. It's dangerous for any vehicle except maybe a "smart car" HA. I would consider the place again if the rates were lower. They have a continental breakfast with too many sweets offered. I did find some unsweetened applesauce which I haven't seen offered before. I just didn't like the parking spots. Seemed like the AC ran all night. Other than that it was not too noisy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family had our choice of various hotels and house rentals, but I feel like I got the best deal by staying at SSIBTL. It was the perfect set up for my child and me--the room size was just right, we had a nice little kitchen with small fridge, sink and microwave--which was all we needed, and best of all, it was within walking distance to everything--the Lighthouse, Neptune Park (a great little water park to take the kids) and the village with its shops, restaurants and the pier. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful and the room was clean and well stocked. I guess if I had to suggest an improvement, it would be to add a dresser to the room and more hangers in the closet. Since we were there only a couple of days, it was no big deal to leave our clothes in our suitcases, but if I were to stay longer I'd like to unpack (so I really feel like I'm on vacation). I'd stay here again and recommend the Inn to others!

Room Tip: Room 205 was very nice! However, if you like to sleep in a dark room, choose a room that doesn'...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Holiday Inn Express St. Simon's Island
Holiday Inn Express St. Simon's ...
#10 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#5 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse? Share your experiences!