“Good meal with a good view”

The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our incredible Ocean View Restaurant and Lounge has an unparalleled view of the Atlantic from its rooftop setting. We are sure to become your favorite spot for friends and guests for a one of a kind culinary experience.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

You'd never know it was a hotel with a restaurant atop but the food was good, the service excellent, and a good view. Definitely worth a stop if you are on the Island.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We decided to try the Rooftop since it was within walking distance of the house, and I wanted to be outside and have a view. We couldn't get a table up front outside, so the table we had was a bit bright as the sun went down, but still very nice with the umbrella! We started with wine and drinks which were OK. We had the Coastal Crabmeat & Cheesy Macaroni Cakes and the Signature Fried Green Tomato And Crab Napoleon. Both of these were very good. As an entrée, I ordered the prime rib medium with the lobster tails on the side which my friends split. I ordered the prime rib and it came out a perfect medium well to well done - all the way through. The lobster tails were OK. With the view, we weren't disappointed; however, if I go back - it will probably for drinks, appetizers, the view, and socializing.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Picture a sea view from a rooftop, 2 fireplaces, a fire pit on the large balcony-( have a drink before dinner there) -- all before you enter the beautiful spot for dining well. At 6pm, - there was a joyous happy hour going on with the locals- so, they know where to go-- they were gone by 7 - but you are now in a jolly mood-- and Brandon is the best server and so attentive and helpful in drinks, dinner ideas and general, local knowledge--it was such fun.! The food was wonderful and plenty of variety in choices....all while you enjoy the breezes on this rooftop- instead of a mall locale.....treat yourself. Mr. McDonough, the owner has out done himself- he designed this to be indulgent- and it works!!! Ah, the sunset !
ME Fuller /P. Ridgeway

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Made reservations here for our 10th anniversary dinner. Got a great table on the rooftop that gave us a nice view of the Atlantic. Prices are a little high, but in line with the area. I paid $27 for pecan crusted grouper, but it was a HUGE piece and tasted fantastic. I had to give my husband almost a third of it. Good drink specials and very polite staff. The only disappointment was that the chef's veggies were green beans (my fav!). When they came, I was pretty sure they came out of a can. Very surprising, but since everything else was so good, I let them off on that one. The beans were the only thing left on either plate!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

On March 15 we decided, at the last minute, to celebrate my birthday by attending a birthday party at The Rooftop Lounge at Ocean Lodge. Not my party, mind you, but one being thrown for the entertainer, a quite talented singer/ sax player apparently a well-known darling to the locals who were very represented. We were staying at The Lodge so were probably getting a little special attention, and were given a table although it was clear the restaurant was filled to the max. We did wait a bit but so enjoyed the camaraderie and the music we didn't mind, and our server, Holly, searched us out on the dance floor bearing our wine bottle and glasses to tell us we were soon to be seated.

We had a light meal which we found to be better than good accompanied by excellent service, an all around good vibe, and a fantastic view of a full moon.