“Beautiful Place steps away from popular beach...”
other travellers have booked this property
Nice, roomy den
Backyard patio with grill
Upper sun deck
Kitchen
Kitchen
Front balcony overlooks path to the beach
There r two lavatories and commodes srparated by a bathtub/shower.(Jack&Jill bathroom)
Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
w0rkt0tra...
Dairyland, USA
“Disappointed with the service and cleanliness”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

On Wednesday of the week that we were arriving, I reached out to Bonnie to get arrival and entry info. I did get a response from her, informing us on how we should get to the condo and how to enter. I have never had to reach out to an owner before to get arrival info, but it wasn't a big deal. She was responsive and remained so, for the most part.

My husband and I were arriving and staying for a couple of days, to relax prior to a long bike trip. The location was fantastic. The excitement quickly dissipated as we entered the condo and found that it was not clean. Dirty toilet, dirty sticky floors in the kitchen, dirty dishes in the sink, coffee in the bottom of the coffee maker, dirty fridge, sand on the bed stands and floor, stains on furniture and fabric headboards. After noting the filth, I pulled back the sheets to find wads of hair and wrinkly sheets, which clearly hadn't been changed since the last guest. Dirty towels hanging in the shower area and no new linens out to be used during our stay. This was confusing to me, as there were very nice bathroom linens stuffed in the laundry closet.

I immediately contacted the owner and she replied quickly saying that she didn't know what happened as the cleaning crew was there the day before. I assured her that it needed attention and that I had pictures. She said that the cleaning crew would be returning. We however had an appointment to pick up our bicycles and were not present when the cleaning crew returned. Even though I provided the list of things that needed attention, I was incredibly disappointed to return and find that the biggest issues (dirty sheets and bathroom) had not been rectified. It appeared that the only thing that was done was a cleaning of the floors and rug in the entry and bedrooms and put dishes away. Sand still on the night stands and dresser and sheets still dirty. Toilet obviously not cleaned.

We ended up having to change our own sheets, which may have been a blessing. Upon removing the sheets and pillow cases, we found what appeared to be a blood stain on the mattress cover and severely stained pillows. We ended up washing pillows, mattress cover and sheets in order to get the bed ready. Not what I wanted to be doing on my vacation. I never felt very at home, which is a totally different experience than I have had at most of the other vacation rentals we have stayed at. We attempted to use some of the many linens that were stored in the closet, but found many of them to be stained and tattered. Someone needs to go thru the linens and purge the old and supply some new.

One of the more alarming things that I learned is that the combo to the electronic lock is not changed. Bonnie suggested that maybe she needed to changed the combo as perhaps someone came in after the cleaning crew was there. As a cop, this was unnerving and clearly a safety concern as there is no other deadbolt other than the one with the combo. My husband and I literally discussed propping something against the door, in case the suggestion was true. Not to mention we were keeping very expensive bikes in the condo and were concerned someone may come in while we were away.

The condo is well decorated and appointed, but needs a deep clean. I realize that living near the water is hard on surfaces etc, but a bit more attention and this place would be much more comfortable. The furniture on the outdoor decks and the decks themselves need a bit of attention. The lower patio area needs a deep clean, removal of debris and power washing. The upper deck on back needs a sprucing up and the doors on the little patio on the front are nearly inoperable, although I found that furniture the most comfortable and clean.

The television upstairs does not play most of the channels available on the directory. I am not sure if it is due to the age of the set, but the only way to watch most of the channels was in the downstairs bedroom. Not real comfortable for a couple on vacation to be watching on two separate single beds, which have stained fabric headboards from where others have propped their dirty heads.

For the positive...It is super close to what would likely be described as the best beach on the island. Wide, clean and long, it was a beautiful beach for lounging, walking and people watching. We enjoyed the quick walk to the beach. We rode bikes right from the condo and I took several walks in the area, one after dark and felt completely safe while out and about. Lots of restaurants nearby and everything that you needed within a very short drive.

Bonnie did offer an additional night at no charge, but we were unable to stay longer and again didn't feel very at home there. I did request a discount and was given a $50 discount in addition to the damage deposit returned. I wish that I would have asked for a free night as I feel that finding the unit unclean and having to do our own laundry etc to be unacceptable. Bonnie assured me that the cleaning company comes highly recommended, by a friend. I assured her that they would have been fired on the spot it I had paid them for what they didn't do, twice.

I have pictures of what we found and offered to email them to Bonnie so that she could see the state of the condo. She asked that I send them to her work email, which I did. I received a kickback response that her email would not accept my email, as it was an unknown address. I notified Bonnie of this and she said that she would check to see if she could get the email. I after that I never heard from here again. If I were the owner of this property and paying a cleaning company that left things in the condition that they did, I would do whatever I could to see the state of the condo after they were there to clean, twice. For this reason alone, I would not stay here and I would not recommend friends or enemies stay, unless you want to risk spending a couple of hours of your own time (money) cleaning after the cleaning crew. This is terribly unfortunate, as it was a great value for what you get and could be a beautiful vacation rental.

I have been on the road for the last month, spare a few days. I have stayed at 17 different rentals/hotels during that time. Spare one other, less than satisfactory experience, this was the most disappointing. I do write a lot of reviews and believed that they are very fair, not positive and negative. To date I have 113 TripAdvisor reviews and over 50,000 views, most of which have been 3 stars or above. If I could post pictures, I would.

Wishing you fun and safe travels.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 May 2017
Yikes! What can u say when one has tried their best to be accommodating t t? Renter wanted in two hours early , so I agreed but w her understanding that cleaning service might be just getting finished. They left and went back to finish . Never saw posted pictures . I work at a Hospital , so even checked the spam folder to no avail.Hate to disappoint any one, but I will take her comments under consideration.
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Your age range 50-64
Eric H
“Very quiet and comfortable. Great beach access”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Bonnie is a super great person to deal with. She was very helpful. The Condo is first class with everything you need short walk to the beach and very short drive to dining and shopping. Thanks Bonnie for a great stay! cant wait to come back.

Explorer6...
“Great place for the price!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This condo is a great place for the price and convenient location to the beach and village. And the owner was great to work with! I would definitely stay here again!

14 Apr 2017
Thanks so much for the review. Please come again, Bonnie
Reviewed 5 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Liked best: Nicely decorated
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Dec 2016
Thanks so much for great review. Such a good surprise ! I appreciate it much . Plz come again , Bonnie
Compass62...
“So in love with this place!”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough good things about this place. Upon arrival, we were all happy to see how clean the condo was. Photos don't do this place justice, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was even BETTER than the photos led us to believe. Through viewing photos, one cannot fully grasp how comfortable and pleasant the atmosphere is inside and around this condo. It is very nicely decorated and the beds and furniture are all very comfortable. This was our first trip to St. Simons and we're all eager to visit again and hopefully stay in this condo again. I took my sister to celebrate her birthday, along with my two-year-old niece, and the house was completely safe for a toddler. (There was even a "baby-gate" provided to block off the stairs). We enjoyed waking up and having coffee on the balcony, spending our days at the beach and shopping, and then coming back to the condo to grill-out and watch movies and play cards. Again, we love this place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, honesty from condo-owner, location
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Sep 2016
So glad you liked it . We love it too, and appreciate good guests !
Thanks for the nice remarks. Please come again , Bonnie
Angela N
Crawford
“Perfect”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Love this place:) very welcoming, close to everything. very short walk to beach, very comfortable, plenty of room, great decks for morning and afternoon.clean and well equiped. will stay here again as soon as possible. Thank you so much Bonnie

Liked best: keyless entry
Liked least: only one bedroom had TV
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
23 Aug 2016
Thx, so glad u liked it ! Plz come again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing