“Standard Seafood Fare with a Little View”
Review of The Blue Water SSI

The Blue Water SSI
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, International, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the Village by the Pier. Best Oceanfront Dining with great Food, spectacular Sunsets, friendly Staff, and the happiest Happy Hour on the Island.
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Standard Seafood Fare with a Little View”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The seafood here is okay, but nothing original or fantastic. There is an upstairs that they promote as the only restaurant on St. Simons with an ocean view. In actuality, the only seats with a view of the water are the ones upstairs and along the window. And only half of those have a water view since the chairs on the other side of the table have their backs to the water. Also, the water view is mostly a view of the Sound between St. Simons and Jekyll Islands, and the St. Simons pier.

• Visited August 2013

Amelia Island
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I give one star for the water view and another star for decent wine. Outside of that, the food isn't worth your effort. My tuna was overcooked despite my request for rare. And my wife's shrimp were frozen farm raised crap with no flavor. This blows my mind considering that you can see local shrimp boats right outside the window catching shrimp for the restaurants that we should have chosen.

When asked, our waiter told us that the shrimp came from the local market. Was he lying or just clueless?

I think what amazes more than anything is how many people who have no clue about what good seafood is supposed to taste like give places like Bluewater, four and five stars.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank IronWalt
Savannah, Georgia
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My first time ,WE had a Party of seven and was not able to sit by the windows to see the ocean, but I was OK with that, Some of the party wanted a better view,
One of our guest was with Carnival curse lines for 38 years so he had seen plenty of oceans and ports, but still a better view would have been nicer.
Blane our server was very nice and attentive to our needs, the place was filling up so he had others to wait on, We never wanted long for nothing. He told us the special for the day , got our drinks and we were set,
I had Crab cakes were very good...I didn't hear any complaints from anyone, everyone seemed pleased with their food choices, I tasted the fried shrimp and they were yummy. Also the Burger was HUGH! Our bill was over 200.00 but the food was worth it, and we tipped 18%
I would recommend this place to friends and I will be going back,

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not a family restaurant !!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We selected this restaurant because of the view for our children to enjoy. We were turned away because of our 22 month old daughter. Ok for our 9 and 11 year olds to eat upstairs. I suppose they did not want our baby to disturb others!!!! So, beware of Bluewater Bistro.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“A very nice place to eat with great views”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The menu is extensive and every thing I have ordered has been very good. Ask for a table upstairs for a good view of St. Simons Sound and Jekyll Island in the distance. The main thing this restaurant lacks is an elevator, but there is downstairs seating for those who cannot climb the stairs.

Visited June 2013