“Relaxing and beautiful grounds”
Review of Epworth By The Sea

Epworth By The Sea
Reviewed 16 September 2012

spent a weekend at Epworth and stayed at the D. Abbott Turner Lodge and it was an awesome experience. All the rooms have balconies overlooking the Frederica River. Beautiful and peaceful environment. the room was reasonably priced, very clean, and the staff is very friendly. Ate all meals in the Dining Room and I have to say I looked forward to every meal. Good Southern cooking at it's best...fried chicken, meat loaf, pork chops, Mac n cheese...it was oh so good!! I will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I have visited this facility 4 times over the past 6 years. The price is reasonable, the grounds are beautiful and the customer service is amazing. The food is cafeteria style and while it wouldn't be what you consider 5 star cuisine, it is tasty.

The youth cabins are older, but they are clean. Robertson Inn is well kept and my experience there was pleasurable. In the years that I have gone to Epworth I have never stayed in the newer lodging, but from all accounts the rooms are wonderful.

I would recommend this conference center for any group looking for a location to hold their conference. There is a certain peace that I experience whenever I visit. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank peachvalley
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We took a long-weekend to St. Simons for a family birthday outing. Epworth is a retreat location that we had been to in the past for both Church related events and work events. It has extensive grounds with hundred year old live oaks, Spanish moss, walking and biking paths, pool, tennis courts, basketball court, playgrounds, and cafeteria. The rooms are basic. They are not the focus and are not intended to be luxury accommodations. The grounds, atmosphere, and other parts of the facility more than make up for the basic nature of the rooms. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the Robertson Building at the end overlooking the dock and marina that is next door to Epworth - breathtaking view! Lovely staff, nice cafeteria, and a very relaxing atmosphere that is excellent for families because there is no alcohol allowed on the campus. We were the only people in the whole building but they opened it and had maid service because I wanted to be overlooking the pier. What a great group of people run Epworth.

Room Tip: Talk to the reservation clerk. They only do reservations by phone and the people there are wonderfu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Docrwm
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The chapel is absolutely beautiful and sets the stage for the serene atmosphere that is Epworth by the Sea. It is the perfect place for a conference or personal retreat. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful! Tiffany Benson is the sales director and is a joy to work with. I highly recommend Epworth to any Meeting Planner.

Room Tip: All rooms in Turner Lodge face the Frederica River
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed in their cheapest room because I had to be there 2 nights for some meetings in Brunswick. My room was spotless, had wifi, cable TV and a good bed. The outside of the area I stayed in was also spotless and the setting is amazing. I was there alone but felt very peaceful and told my husband that when we go back to St. Simons Island, I want to stay at Epworth again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the oldest part of the place and in the cheapest room and it was spotless.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank lbmgator
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at the Epworth By the Sea Conference & Retreat Center, St. Simons Island, Georgia. I was on business for the Singles Enrichment Retreat 2011. It was a spiritually uplifting x-perience.

My room was comfortable, the food was enjoyable and the scenery on point.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Xquizit
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that the rooms are old and BASIC. For the price, however, you can't beat Epworth, especially when traveling with a family. The two-room suites in the Reynolds section were perfect for our family of four, and at $94/night, the price can't be beaten! The grounds are lovely; quiet, mysterious, and walkable. My children particularly enjoyed the stained glass windows in the tiny belfry prayer chapel and the status of Jesus in the garden. The 30-minute church service at Lovely Lane Chapel was nice, too. If you go to Epworth expecting luxury, you'll be disappointed. If you know the rooms are basic but that the atmosphere is quiet, friendly, laid-back, and family-oriented, you'll be happy with your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Ocean Inn and Suites
Ocean Inn and Suites
#9 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Epworth By The Sea? Share your experiences!