“What a delight!”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pranzo Cuisine & Cocktails is tucked away under the mossy draped live oaks, just off Frederica Road. The Shops at Sea Island are just around the corner, so convenient for browsing after enjoying a uniquely delicious meal with us. Come for lunch or dinner any day of the week. Dine inside our out because we're blessed with great weather here. Then on Sundays we feature an all day brunch menu along with our regular menu. Let our bartenders serve you up a Bond inspired martini, the Golden Gun or enjoy our great happy hour Monday thru Friday 4-7. Sundays we feature a fantastic Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were looking for a new place for lunch and found Panzo tucked out of the way in a busy shopping center. What a great find! I had the Bazinga Calamari appetizer which turned out to be calamari fingers on a bed of greens tossed with a spicy-sweet sauce. The flavors just melted together. My server offered some wasabi dressing for the greens but the sauce on the calamari was enough. However, I strongly recommend you taste the dressing, creamy with just a little kick. My husband had the Monte Cristo sandwich with raspberry jam inside instead of on the side. It added just the right amount of sweetness. The sweet potato fires were thin and crispy. Our server was friendly and attentive. If you are looking for something a little different, this is the place. We were told that the owner is opening a new restaurant, "Embers" a farm to fire place in early fall. We can't wait to try it.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

One waitress taking care of the whole restaurant is absurd. She was the bartender and food runner and the cashier. Waitress was very pleasant and helpful with questions about the menu. I ordered the Cuban sandwich which was okay but nothing really made it stand out as great. My husband ordered the monte cristo and it was very blah. Supposedly the raspberry preserves was on the sandwich per the waitress but he could not find them. Waitress offered to bring some preserves to him, but unfortunately they arrived at the table on his last two bites of the sandwich. My mother ordered the chicken salad and sweet potato fries and her meal was good. It took our food along time to be prepared also. There was a teenage boy working with with the waitress, but he would help her deliver drinks or carry a plate of food and go and sit back down and look at his cell phone. We live in the area and definitely will not go back.

Tyler R, Owner at Pranzo Cuisine and Cocktails, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Gayle,
Thank you for your input. We were short staffed that night, and I hate that your experience was so adversely effected by that. We are working to resolve such issues. I have a staff that truly cares and are proud of what we do here...but sometimes we fall short. I hope we can win you back at some point. Your patronage is important. I am currently building out Ember, a restaurant that is based on fresh, local love food cooked in a wood fire oven. Soon we will have some private invite parties. We would love to invite you and a friend and get your reviews. I can contact you via email if you're interested. My email is pranzo2004@gmail.com. Thank you, Tyler

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Picked up lunch to carry back to the hotel nearby. Good food! Extensive menu of salads, sandwiches, daily specials and appetizers.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Love to eat here every time I make it down to St. Simons. Their California Chicken Salad is delicious, and I love the endless mimosas for Sunday brunch! Loses a star for hit or miss service.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

They seemed to have only 2 servers , assisted by the bartender who helped out some
by serving orders. Nice interior and good vibe. There were about 34 diners on a Tuesday night, and there should have been better service. Two women should have not been expected to staff the entire restaurant. Our entrees were delicious - Eggplant Parmesan and Lasagna, but as other comments indicated, service was limited and entirely too slow.