“Great time”

Sea Palms Resort & Conference Center
Savannah, Georgia
“Great time”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was terrific and the staff was accommodating to our needs. The food was wonderful,My wife lost her sunglasses and the staff was very helpful in finding them. I will return for another visit. Hopefully for some golf.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The resort itself was very nice and the rooms were large and spacious. Now let me tell you about the restaurant help. The two waitresses on our first morning were quite rude after our order of bagels and yogurt. We waited 45 minute for an order that never came. I asked for a second cup of coffee and never received it. We were at the bar when ordering and they had to pick up the pot in front of us and they never re-filled my cup. I asked both of them! they walked past me several times as if I WERE NOT THERE. We eventually had to leave. So beware of the restaurant services.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoria L
SeaPalmsRebecca, Front Office Manager at Sea Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious room accommodations and wish you would have enjoyed the same experience at our restaurant. Our goal is to provide outstanding service in all areas of our resort. We apologize for not providing you that service and appreciate your feedback. We hope that you would visit us again and allow us to deliver the service for which we are known.
-Doug, General Manager.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Accommodations great, beautiful view from suite. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Good value for the money. Perfect for family. Two pools. Great location to get around the island. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert P
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The guest suites at Sea Palms Golf and Tennis Resort on St. simons island are a great place to stay. Rooms are beautifully furnished and in a great location for all other activites on St. Simons Island.

Room Tip: I like a ground floor unit becasue it is close to car. There are elevators for upper level units.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Woodbine, GA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had our daughter's wedding at Sea Palms in June, 2013. It was a great venue for the outdoor garden ceremony, pre-reception cocktail party poolside, and banquet room reception. We had the wedding package with wedding coordinator/director for the whole event. The wedding planning was over a year's length of time, so we were directly involved with Sea Palms and the wedding coordinator for a year. The staff was extremely helpful, professional, and went out of their way to make this the "wedding of dreams". We were very pleased with the service, venue, friendliness, and assistance on all accounts.

The only negative comment to make was regarding the handicapped rooms. Grandma needed a handicapped room, and the handicapped building was located the furthest away from the parking, so it was a long walk down the sidewalk to the building for someone with a walker or cane or difficulty walking.

All rooms had a beautiful view of the marsh. We had 27 rooms occupied for our wedding, with all types of rooms reserved. We received positive comments from several people on their rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MotherofBride_13
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First off, I have visited Sea Palms for a Board Retreat in the past and it was wonderful but this time I was there for a FAM tour of planners and I was blown away. The accommodations were wonderful, the food was out of this world (Chef Matthew was an excellent find for them), and the activities they set up were tremendous (the Shrimp Boat Tour is a must for anyone single, married, family, whatever)....my wife joined me to celebrate our anniversary early and we had a marvelous time. Also, the staff was very on top of things....especially Viktor (I never asked for anything - he always had it there)!!

Go see for yourself!

Room Tip: We had one of the Marsh View rooms....very nice to wake up to in the morning (got to see a raccoon p...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark D
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was so disappointed in how this hotel was represented online from the beginning, however I tried to have a positive attitude so our trip would not be ruined. The pool was satisfactory for my children. The last night a roach joined me in the bathroom and I was horrified. Then, the very next morning (our check-out morning) my nine-year old daughter showed me BITES on her torso and stomach which we believed at the time to be bed bug bites. We packed up immediately and left. I showed the desk clerk but the manager was not present. Since returning home, we have seen a doctor and it is unclear whether she was bitten by bed bugs OR contracted scabies but she definitely has a skin mite (which bed bugs and scabies both are) and is receiving treatment for the rash. The manager, Rebecca, has dodged my phone calls and emails and only once when I have spoken to her has refused to refund my money for our stay. I am so livid. I have had to wash so many clothes and destroy our luggage because I do not know how to handle this situation. On top of it all my daughter has dealt with anxiety over this during her 10th birthday week. I can't even believe this happened. RUINED trip, and no compensation or sympathy from the hotel or the manager. I will not forget it nor will I let Sea Palms forget it. :(

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carmen S
SeaPalmsRebecca, Manager at Sea Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
We are so sorry to hear that our guest had a disappointing experience. Please note that the resort takes such reports very seriously. A professional inspection was conducted, resulting in a pest free certification. We extend our sincerest apologies. -Doug Winters, General Manager